Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • £300 quid what to buy
  • duncancallum

I have a 2007 trek fuel, its not ace but hey its alright for what im doing, in the future I will be ugrading but not for now, any kit I would like future proof so multi standard hubs etc.

I’m wanting a new rear wheel as my freehub is goosed the rims are still OK so I will try and match one up in the future. Id like a pair of wheels, I’m not bothered about second hand. Id like hope as for years I always said Id want hopes but never had. last wheel I had built I was an stx rc front hub and a lx silent clutch rear…

Id also like a dropper post. but thats a luxury

anyone think Its doable for both? Like I say 2nd hand is not a problem for me as its only new until you get it out on the trail.

bearnecessities

I’ve got my bike for sale in classifieds here and if doesn’t go, I will consider splitting. The wheels are 2012 SLRs and are mint; will be looking for £250 with tyres. If any interest, drop me a mail and I’ll let you know if I go down the split route.

You’ll have £50 for a gravity dropper then 🙂

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I’m sure you could so second hand & have lots of change!
    But if your feeling generous & want to blow the lot I could be tempted to raid the spares stash & sell you some hope XC’s on 717’s & a KS supernatural 😉

PrinceJohn

I sold a KS seatpost recently for £100, so that would leave potentially £200 for a set of wheels…

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Got a reverb for sale for £100 ready to ride…

Superstar seem to be decent for cheap wheels that can take some abuse and have a clearance section. Wheelsets to be had for sub £200.

duncancallum

Ooh decisions. Is the Ks dropper like the Rd in the fact it’s not just 3 position?

br
    Free Member

Bought a pair of s/h wheels today; Hope Pro 2 hubs (recent new bearings in rear), Crest rims and Maxxis HR tyres – £130.

Don’t you love 26er’s 🙂

drovercycles
    Free Member

We have a pair of ex-display unused Mavic Crossmax STs you could have for a good price…

bikeneil
    Free Member

^^ isn’t that a Trade advert ^^

mactheknife

bikeneil – Member
    ^^ isn’t that a Trade advert ^^

Thats a fanny boy comment if there ever was one. Bet you loved to tell on your mates in school 🙄

transporter13
    Free Member

Superstar have a massive sale on their wheels at the moment. Pretty sure i saw a set for as low as £104 if that takes your fancy.

bearnecessities

Thats a fanny boy comment if there ever was one. Bet you loved to tell on your mates in school

Technically he is right and if he was a tell tale tit, he’d have just reported the post, anonymously to your peepers.

Be nice 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

transporter13 – Member

Superstar have a massive sale on their wheels at the moment.

Did you get some then?

Honestly, you should be glad you didn’t buy mine, they’re a metricshitton of Kilos.

duncancallum

I’m not keen on superstar. I’m after a pair of hopes on some xcish rims I’m not GNAR enough to have an enduring tag.

I’m going 2nd hand for both.

On that note anyone used flat out cycles?

qtip

I have a pair of Hope Pro 2s laced to Mavic XM819s for sale potentially. Email’s in profile if you’re interested. Don’t live a million miles away from Bolton so you could view before buying.

duncancallum

Will do when I’m on a pc.

chakaping
    Free Member

The new superstar tech 4 wheels are very good quality and value. With a choice of rim widths.

That’s 200 quid. Keep that other 100 and Dave another 50, then wait for the next reverb offer at that price.

carlphillips
    Free Member

I have some stan’s 355’s i no longer require… On pro2 hubs.. Mail in profile if you are interested.

carlosg
    Free Member

Got a pair of Chris King universal (pre ISO) on Mavic X317cd rims , they’re a bit retro but still in fairly good nick(few scuffs but straight , chain been down the back of the cassette a couple of times pre my ownership) that you could have for £150.
    Feels awful , this is turning into a buy my stuff thread

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘£300 quid what to buy’ is closed to new replies.