Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 300 psi in rockshox monarch rc3 plus
  • jcallen
    Free Member

This is my first full suspension bike and I’ve had to put 300 psi in it to get 30% sag. It seems excessive to me or is this the norm and I need to lay off the pies n pints :-).
    I weight about 13 1/2 Stone last time I checked.
    Any help appreciated.

warpcow
    Free Member

Right, first things first, is it a Debonair Monarch (it’ll say on the can)? If so, then yes, 300psi could be perfectly normal. They take far more pressure to achieve the same sag than a standard air-can.

jcallen
    Free Member

Yes just seen this thanks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What do the instructions tell you?

kirky72
    Free Member

Have you cycled it full the travel several times after each plumage of air, as it fills the piggy back air can.

I got around 250 psi on a 155 travel to achieve 30% sag at 13 stone.

psycorp
    Free Member

What warpcow said. I had a 2015 Monarch Plus RC3 Debonair for a while and it took a lot of pressure to get the sag right. IIRC the Debonair cans are rated for up to 350psi.

enigmas
    Free Member

I’m about 13 stone in gear and run 190psi in a debonair monarch plus on a nukeproof mega, this gives me 30% sag.

All depends on the leverage ratio of the frame.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Not unusual, I wouldn’t worry about it. Debonair cans need higher pressure. See posts in other thread….

jcallen
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice seems fine at 300 psi. It just pushed my shock pump to its limit. It’s on a Merida 160. Still trying to get use to the marzocchi fork but that another topic.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘300 psi in rockshox monarch rc3 plus’ is closed to new replies.