Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • 30 years of Marin
  • 1-shed
    Free Member

The new Pine Mountain looks good http://factoryjackson.com/2015/07/06/2016-marin-mountain-bikes/ a touch retro but with nice clean lines.

z1ppy

hmm not doing it for me, but each to their own.. (ex-marin owner)

Man I thought the Alchemist was ugly but they seemed to be able to dig deeper each year..

SaxonRider

I love it. But I often do love Marin’s line up. Someone over there has a good eye. 8)

EDIT: The first, that is; not the second.

loddrik
    Free Member

Boy do I like that pine mountain. Lusted after the grey marins with bright forks when I was a youth.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Especially the Bear Valley SE with grey on grey…..mmmm.

fin25
    Free Member

£750 for that pine mountain looks a bloody good deal.

1-shed
    Free Member

That is what I thought, surprised their hasn’t been more interest in it.

cp

Especially the Bear Valley SE with grey on grey

oh yes!

Rather like the look of these new ones too

Tracey

Doesn’t seem that long ago, 1987, that I was driving down the A1 to Shockwave to buy my first mountain bike.
    An all black Marin Bear Valley.

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

For £750 that pine mountain looks like my new cycle to work scheme bike!

Dibbs
    Free Member

My first MTB was a 1993 Marin Palisades and when the frame cracked they replaced it with a Pine Mountain. Quite a nice bike but I wouldn’t go back to it.

AlexSimon

£750 is quite interesting

boblo
    Free Member

OK for £750, you can have my Pine Mountain (the ‘real’ one)

cookeaa

I’m not a B+ fan but that pine mountain does look quite good as a bit of a load lugger/bikepacking bike…

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Looks quite good (Pine Mtn), first thing I noticed was the thiiiin seatstays, then the weird dropouts,/chunky chainstay. Like the retro graphics/paint job.

Huge price difference from the 1 (4130) to the 2 (Columbus Thron) 😯

Northwind

That is nice. Oldschool seatclamp!

deejayen
    Free Member

I like that. Any pics and details of the Pine Mountain 2?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

They’ve redesigned the Four Corners with discs and clearance for 29×2

Looks like an interesting/affordable adventure bike option?

https://cyclingabout.com/2016-marin-four-corners-touring-bike/

mcj78
    Free Member

That pine mountain looks great for £750 – unless it weighs 40 poonds that is… could be a contender for n+1 and/or d-/=1 8)

nemesis
    Free Member

My first mtb (well, not actually my one but same model)

I really fancy one of those new Pine Mountains even though I really don’t need it…

corroded
    Free Member

My first proper mtb was a Palisades Trail – circa 1989. I really wanted a Kona Cindercone but there’s only so many paper rounds a boy can do. Still, it was a pretty flash bike and we had some great adventures.

AlexSimon

That matt baked paint finish was a thing of beauty. You don’t really see innovation in paint any more.

nemesis
    Free Member

It looked great when clean but not so good when it held onto mud from non-Californian trails…

boblo
    Free Member

chestrockwell

Boy do I like that pine mountain. Lusted after the grey marins with bright forks when I was a youth.

Just need a new Araya RM20 front wheel, a Marin saddle and mk1 Shimano DX STI and my 1990 Pine Mountain will be mint. 8)

D0NK

Had a couple of antique marins parked outside work recently. Bear valley SE and a bobcat trail iirc. Look nice – in a retro way.

I’m not digging the aesthetics of the new stuff (but all my bikes look shit so it’s not as tho I care)

Leku
    Free Member

My first proper mtb was a Palisades Trail

+1
    1988 from Walton Street Cycles in Oxford.

NormalMan

I had a ’93 bobcat trail that I used to commute on and do some light offroad touring on (had a couple of Gary Fisher’s for more serious offroad stuff).

Lovely bike. I lent it to a mate that needed transport when his car broke down. Never got it back. I think his cousin has it now 🙁

superstu
    Free Member

The new Pine Mountain looks great and price is very nice. Interested to see what it’s like.

IHN

My first mountain bike was a Marin, a Hawk Hill, and I bought it at about this time of year, 20 years ago. I still have it, others have come and gone, but he’s staying 🙂

Leku
    Free Member

The new one seems to have a very large cassette. Saw a mention that it was a SunTour one (now that IS retro).

andylc
    Free Member

First mtb was a Marin rift zone. Awesome bike apart from the unbelievably leaky Manitou forks which needed stripping after almost every flipping wet ride…

squin
    Free Member

25yrs on and sat in my garage. Rockstar tyres perished and saddle swapped out years ago and clipless pedals on but otherwise as it was 25 years ago.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Loving the new Rift Zone 29!

nemesis
    Free Member

Just seen the rather odd brace on the PM1 fork – shame as it spoils the looks.

Tracey

Tour of Channel Islands 1990

letmetalktomark

I think they missed a trick not actually recreating the Zolatone effect but I must concede it looks a corker for £750

rhayter

I had 4 Marins from 1989 onwards. Black and gold Bear Valley, silver and purple ano Pine Mountain, then that grey and orange Pine (long story) then the 1995 Team Ti that is in bits in my shed.

Loved every one.

Open to offers on the Team Titanium, by the way…

NormalMan

If it were the black and gold Bear Valley then I’d be tempted. One of my favourite looking mtbs of all time.

scuttler

My first ATB

I agree the grey + bright forks era was superb. I really wanted one but ended up in 1991 with a Specialized Rockhopper Sport

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘30 years of Marin’ is closed to new replies.