Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • 30 or 10 year old Porsche 911?
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Might as well buy a Nissan if you’re gonna have something as soulless as that.

Or a 912. 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elf, I can’t argue with you, I love you, and besides there is no point as you won’t listen anyway

Sigh.

If only all others would see the sense in this. True wisdom.

There is no point in listening to the opinions of others, when you know you are right.

this has made my night

Well, someone has to be the arbiter of taste and style around here I spose. I’m happy that your life has, in some small way, been enhanced by this experience.

cynic-al
    Free Member

DS I’d keep arguing but. no point with a golf club type idiot…I purpose 356s are Beetles too? 🙄

locomotive

Im with Elfin.

New ones make you look like someone that got 5 lotto numbers, and lacked the imagination to do anything more exciting with the money.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

See? This is a person with intelligence, taste and an understanding of aesthetics, style and in fact, romance.

Not like the rest of you philistines. Think a M+S ready meal is the height of sophistication.

Loco motive; what a relief that there is at least one other intelligent person out there with a soul…

King-ocelot
    Free Member

It depends on the driving experience that your after, unless you just want a 911 as your looking to spunk 12k on a new motor and fancy a cheap 911. Aesthetically for me the 911 silouette hasn’t evolved so much as got bigger with age and lost some of it’s original simple integrity. It was never a good looking car to start with, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Surely it’s better to organise test drives of the two and see which you prefer?

donsimon
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

DS I’d keep arguing but. no point with a golf club type idiot
    The OP was asking about performance cars and the 912, as much as I love Porsches, isn’t a performance car. Neither is a 356, which I would love.
    FYI I have neve been to a golf club and think that people who can only resort to insults are cockweasels of the highest order, much like yourgoodself. Besos.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

To upset the Elf you have to understand the Elf, It’s not hard, you just need to be a callous bastard to tip his balance.
    Sorry darling 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No I’m eating pizza now.

Kevevs
    Free Member

well, I can “think german’, if you mean, “think”, I think.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ha ha exposed your “not a Porsche” argument and upset you did I? 😀

mcmoonter
    Free Member

My neighbour has one of these, 964 Carrera 2. Looks good in white with blue leather. He paid about 13k about 8 years ago. He’s had a few big bills his wife doesnt know about.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Older model for the classic experience of looks, engine sound & smell, if you’re after a Sunday drive and a tinker about.

996 for a daily drive which handles beautifully, but ‘needs’ the sports exhaust, short shift and a proper geo to really bring it alive.

I ran a 3.4 996 C2 daily for two years without problems and tracked it a few times too including the ‘ring. But for the money I’d have the classic.

(on the Karussell)

donsimon
    Free Member

Ha ha exposed your “not a Porsche” argument and upset you did I?

When did I say a 912 is not a Porsche? I was alluding to the fact that the OP is looking for a performance car and your suggestion was for a pedestrian Porsche which has characteristics closer to the Beetle, flat 4 air cooled.

Is it half term or something?
    Did you get a little trouser bulge as you wrote your victory speech?
    🙄

br
    Free Member

yeah just a toy and hopefully a good investment,

Yeah, right.

(two positive words that equal a negative)

tbh I drove a 911 a few years ago at a Jonathon Palmer trackday, just couldn’t get use to the ‘weight’ in the back – felt unbalanced. Also drove the Nissan 350 – felt quick and safe, and then they switch the electrics off – jesus, what a handful. Fav car of the day:

http://www.palmersport.com/palmerjaguarjp1.aspx

cynic-al
    Free Member

Don Simon you said the 912 is a Beetle, therefore not a Porsche.

You also called me a cockweasel, so don’t get all high and mighty..I appreciate your mid 50s mindset urges you to do so strongly.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘30 or 10 year old Porsche 911?’ is closed to new replies.