Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 3 weeks off the bike and counting – manflu content
  • ourmaninthenorth

Three weeks ago, I feel so rundowon I give into the Mrs and agree to her picking me and the bike up from work as I can’t face the 17 miles home.

Fast forward three weeks and I’ve had a temperature, sinus headaches earache (for the first time in 20 years), waking daily with a sore throat, lethargy and a cough that just won’t shift.

I haven’t had an illness last this long since I had malaria 15 years ago…

And it’s sunny out, with great weather for being out on the bike.

Is this some sort of karmic justice – what have I done to deserve this?

Waah 😥

cynic-al
    Free Member

4 weeks off running and riding here, chest infection 🙁

Getting hammered most of last weekend didn’t help 😮

Shred
    Free Member

2.5 weeks off with really bad cold/sinus infection. Started getting better and one easy warm up ride and a 2 hour road ride and am sick again. Getting on 2 weeks now and am hoping to do a easy ride this weekend. Getting so frustrated.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Unfortunately you can’t fight it – I found this out on an easy 40m run yesterday.

ourmaninthenorth

And I can’t book a medical appointment because my GP is away on the one day of the week when he runs surgeries at a time I can make (evening) and the others are fully booked.

“He’s free the next Monday”. Like that’s going to help.

Hmm, time to annoy the drop-in-centre at St Mary’s Manchester.

binners

Never mind that!!!

Have you sorted that ensuite out yet? Pull your bloody finger out!!! 😉

thepurist

Can’t believe nobody’s said this yet…

M T F U

ourmaninthenorth

I don’t live there yet..!

ourmaninthenorth

thepurist – have been trying. Honest guv!

woody2000

You sure it’s not a re-occurence of malaria?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I’ve got a cold came on last Sunday now developed into a cough and I need to train for a 67 mile Sportive on the 27th and a Hike & Bike on 8th April, very frustrating.

BigJohn

I had something similar. Only just getting over it.

Day Nurse cold & flu capsules give you a bit of a buck-you-up.
    Antibiotics took 2 goes to get rid of the chest.
    I stopped having coffee & alcohol for a few days because of a feeling they were holding back recovery
    Fruit juice and vitamin tablets and fruit squash are being consumed, whereas they wouldn’t usually get a look in.

Bunnyhop

Go to the Dr. asap. I had similar 4 years ago which turned in fatigue syndrome ( which I now have under control).

Get well soon and sort that en-suite out tout suit (sp?)

thepurist

OMITN – in fact, the correct answer is to MTFD and take time out to recover. I went back too quick a few years back & got a secondary post-viral thing that was way way way worse than the original.

jamiep
    Free Member

3 weeks in plaster so far with mutliple fractures to hand wrist fingers 🙁

geoffj

What Woody said.

ourmaninthenorth

Hmm, so for the benefit of those who haven’t seen my bleating on Twitter, this weekend I seem to have gone down with something else – I *think* it’s a mild dose of gastric flu.

Mrs North commented that on Saturday i was the most ill I had been since we first met 15 years ago. Indeed, it’s the most ill I’ve felt since I had malaria (and, no, it isn’t a recurrence of that).

On the plus side, I ate last night for the first time in 48 hours. Maybe this is the kickstart my diet needs.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘3 weeks off the bike and counting – manflu content’ is closed to new replies.