Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 3 Towers cross ride
  • traildog
    Free Member

The first North West league cross event has been cancelled, so instead Horwichcc will be running their 3 towers ride. All bikes are welcome – lots of mountain bikers turn up. I just received the following message about it.

As a replacement for our scheduled cross on this day we have put on our 3 Towers Cyclo Cross Ride with new route on the same date with details as follows:

– FREE to ride – just turn up! (New route as well)
    – starts and finishes from Rivington Lower Barn Cafe car park, on Lever Park Ave, Rivington, near Horwich, there are toilets there as well, and cars are safe, and FREE to park
    – mountain bikes or cyclo cross bikes needed – it’s off road, some tarmac stretches though.
    – starts 10am, finishes about 3pm to 4pm
    – it’s hilly and mostly rideable, and good preparation for the 3 Peaks, two weeks later.
    – the most scenic ride you will get in the South West Pennine Moors, highest point is 1497 feet above sea level
    – we are altering the route a bit this year to keep it interesting and fresh for previous entrants, like those hardy friends of ours from the Liverpool Mercury.
    – last year 20 riders took part, we hope for more this year
    – we may split into a slower and faster group this year, especially if there are a lot of us.
    – It’s rumoured the World Cross Champs GB team is selected from performances on this ride….
    – It’s not a competitive event, just good training, we all come back together, and there are lots of laughs and new friendships formed for the season ahead.
    – The ride is led my Eric Taylor, our most experienced cross rider with 29 finishes in the 3 Peaks to his name, and hopefully a 30th this year.
    – No engines in seat tubes allowed, Fabian take note.
    – There are cobbles, mud, grass, gravel, burial sites of previous riders, 3 towers, good descents, steady climbs, sheep, deer, and takes in areas you will never have been before.
    – It’s worth being in the dog house for after……

Mudguards (not needed) Dave Headon, Horwich CC

sefton
    Free Member

when?

ride or race?

D0NK

presumably a fastish social ride

traildog
    Free Member

Sorry, I didn’t notice that the date was missing. It’s on the 11th September.

It is a social ride, not a race. There will be both skinnies and fatties, oldies and young uns.

traildog
    Free Member

Just a reminder that this is taking place this Sunday (since I forgot the date in the first message)!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘3 Towers cross ride’ is closed to new replies.