Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 3 Peaks CX
  • whattiler
    Free Member

Does anyone know when the cut off for entry from the waiting list is? A friend got in about this time last year but there must be a cut off point. I’m still training, hoping to get a place but would like to know of I’m wasting my time.

On a related point does anyone know how you’d go about putting your name down for marshalling?

crazy-legs

For marshalling, just email them. Address is on the website.
    You could add in your question about the reserve list at that point.

wool

I would asume from experience your not in. Marshall spots are all filled aparently according to the e-mail I got last week.More than disappointed not to have got in this year after doing it 8 times,but hey time to let somebody else have a go.

whattiler
    Free Member

Ok, that’s a shame. Did it for the first time last year and got the bug.

I’m going up anyway as a few club mates decided to book accommodation way in advance and commit to going to ride, marshal or support. Looks like it will be support for me then.

There were 70 odd non starters last year, I know things happen but it’s a shame when there are so many people wanting to get in. I’ll take my bike up anyway, you never know!

Did you apply to marshal? I din’t get an email inviting me to do so, which is what I thought might happen.

crazy-legs

There were 70 odd non starters last year, I know things happen but it’s a shame when there are so many people wanting to get in. I’ll take my bike up anyway, you never know!

You won’t get in on the day no matter how many non-starters there are. It’s always a good race to watch though. You can watch them come through Horton at the start then head south through Helwith Bridge and round to Cold Cotes so you get to see them come off Ingleborough. Follow the road round in the direction of the race and keep going up to Ribblehead to watch the leaders come off Whernside then follow the road again down to Horton and ride a bit of PyG – you get to see the race heading both ways then.

It’s fine so long as you’re not pacing racers or getting in the way of the race!

whitestone
    Free Member

You might struggle with a car to get to Ribblehead – it was bedlam last year. I went for a ride over Cam Head and back via a bridleway I’d not done before between Newby Head and Ribblehead, it took me nearly as long as the ride to drive from Ribblehead to the Hill Inn.

Cold Cotes is good fun as the field hasn’t spread out too much by then.

Re no-shows: fell races tend to work on about 10% no shows, some organisers of races with a limit on numbers accept about 10% over their limit to account for this. Don’t think the 3 peaks does it though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘3 Peaks CX’ is closed to new replies.