Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • 3 Peaks 2013
  • davetrave
    Free Member

Application for entry opened early doors on Saturday morning (and closes at midnight on the 9th), who’s hoping to get in? (Marshalled at the Nationals in January so got a guaranteed place this year…)

Unless we have even more biblical conditions this time, it should seem like a walk in the park to those of us who did the 50th last year…

cp

thank you thank you thank you for the reminder. Had a calendar event set on my phone, but managed to have missed it somehow…

davetrave
    Free Member

My pleasure!

mocha
    Free Member

looking forward to a dry & dusty walk in the park this year :o)

Gordymac
    Free Member

Hopefully I’ll get in. Waited up for it to go live and was probably one of the first not that it counts for anything.
    Got in a few years ago but didn’t make it due to falling ill a week before the race. Typical

Gordymac
    Velo Club Moulin

crazy-legs

I’m tempted.

Not sure why, I’ve done it for the last 6 years running, got steadily worse each time (never *quite* managed to beat the sub 4hr mark) and thought that after last years epic 50th anniversary, that would be a decent time to call it a day.

But I’m still tempted…

rich-c
    Free Member

Got my entry in, hoping for better things this year after knackering the rear mech coming of Whernside, a pitiful excuse in reality.

Must do more training getting up very steep stuff with a bike on my shoulder in gale force winds and lashing rain.

jonba
    Free Member

I’m in. First time last years, I was hoping for 4 hours but came in way over. Hoping for drier and less windy.

mugsys_m8

I’ve put an entry in. First timer yikes!

Waited up late on Sat night ..and then realised I would have to wait up an extra hour as forgot the hour time diff between you lot and us lot.

Spent the time getting uber psyched by watching 3 peaks footage!

Under no illusions that an early entry will make no difference whether I get a place or not. But I have done all I can. Here’s hoping.

Dan

samuri
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for someone to take my fixed wheel record off me.
    No point going back till they do. 😉

cp

entry in here as well… fingers crossed – I didn’t make the selection last year.

Candodavid
    Free Member

3 peaks virgin here, all registered. Just have to wait and see

DavidB
    Free Member

I’ve entered and am prepping the singlespeed in anticipation ..maybe even have a go at fixed as I’ve heard the record is pimps

boxelder

A donation to MRT seems to ease selection. Skipping this year – still waiting for my socks armpits to dry from last time’s ‘puddle of doom’ coming off PyG……..

crikey
    Free Member

Done it three times, once 18 years ago as a cross racing whippet in 3:30, then as an old gimmer the last two years.

After last year, I’m done with it.

richpips
    Free Member

Thanks for the reminder.

My name is down (once again).

Clover

First time last year. Enjoyed it so much that I have put my entry in again.

djglover
    Free Member

Done the run in April

Not sure I could be arsed dragging a bike round!

f757lkk
    Free Member

My name is in the hat too, was my first time last year…. It couldn’t be any worse than last year could it? 🙂

I need to do more specific training this year, by the halfway point last year my thighs had become solid masses of uselessness resulting in me blowing over at the slightest gust of wind… Still finished with a merit though.

Anyone got any training tips to avoid the front of thigh cramps?

jonba
    Free Member

Well my training is largely going to involve running up hills. The bits I was on the bike for were OK.

Training for me last year was doing the local 40mile loops I would normally MTB but CX. You need to prepare yourself for the beating. Plenty of hill climbing helped.

This year I’m going to do some running. I think Ingleborough was my longest run last year.

crazy-legs

This year I’m going to do some running. I think Ingleborough was my longest run last year.

I’m not convinced “running” actually helps much to be honest.
    I think “plodding” and “trudging” up very steep hills is more event specific…

😉

samuri
    Free Member

maybe even have a go at fixed as I’ve heard the record is pimps

you will fail.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Confirmation of entries today

cp

Anyone had the email yet?! Didn’t get in last year and everything crossed (ha!) for this year…

DavidB
    Free Member

Mine has arrived. I’m in. YES!

cp

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I’m paid up 🙂

richpips
    Free Member

I’m in.

birney29
    Free Member

I’m in. I am however, yet to decide whether or not that is a good thing.

jonba
    Free Member

I’m in 😀

scottyroyal
    Free Member

I’m in… keep refreshing the entry page, you can seen how quickly its filling up 🙂

I was number 6, currently on 60

shedbrewed
    Free Member

I’m in. Shit.

mugsys_m8

In and paid. Oops and indeed Oops again!

Clink

I’m in. I am however, yet to decide whether or not that is a good thing.

Same here! 😯

Candodavid
    Free Member

I’m in. Gonna be different……

trickydisco
    Free Member

so is 2014 already gone?

Clover

I’m in! Just got the email. 😀

Oddly it doesn’t start ‘Dear mentally afflicted person, your self-flagellation starts here’. Or even ‘I stand before thee, Pen y Ghent the mighty, slayer of bicycles, dealer in despair, trespass on me at your peril’. Nah, just please do not delete this email until you have completed the event.

Time to do some training.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘3 Peaks 2013’ is closed to new replies.