Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 3 or 4 day mountain bike hoiday in th UK or Europe – Not too pricey?
  • sevenandnine

Hi,

Fancy going on a biking holiday for a few days, either in UK or mainland Europe. Not been on anything like this before. I’d say I’m am an intermediate level rider. Thought of taking a tent and roughing it for a few days.

Can anyone recommend something like this for a first timer?

Cheers!

DickBarton

Give the weather we are having just now, I’d suggest the Lakes in England, or almost anywhere in Scotland – amazing scenery when it is like this, some amazing trails to ride/explore and when it is like this, pretty much everyone is bearable! 😉

Likely to be ‘cheaper’ than going abroad…

IdleJon

I spent the weekend being guided around some great Dorset riding by Martyn, Kev and Steve from The Bicycle Co, Poole.

On Saturday we did a big (BIG! 70km in temps of high 20s) ride around the Isle of Purbeck and on Sunday we spent a couple of hours finding the hidden singletrack in Wareham Forest. They booked us into a decent hotel in Poole on Saturday night.

Now, I was very lucky in that I won the weekend through the Tuesday Treats competition on this website, but even if I had paid for the weekend I wouldn’t have been able to find fault. The riding was great, scenery stunning, the guys treated us like old friends…. They even arranged great weather for us!

They do bespoke packages, so if you are interested give them a shout. Not sure about how pricey they are.

http://www.thebicycleco.com/

(Apologies if this all sounds like a gushing advert, but I really had a good time.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘3 or 4 day mountain bike hoiday in th UK or Europe – Not too pricey?’ is closed to new replies.