Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • 3 nr rear isofix positions preferably not a 7 seater?
  • T1000
    Free Member

Wide enough car for 3 rear isofix seats or space for one adult + 2 isofix rear

Preferably not a seven seater and not a multipla any suggestions?

tinybits
    Free Member

I know my 59 plate a6 can just fit my 5’2″ wife in between the kiddie seats in the back, but it’s ridiculously tight and only for short journys. The car feels bloody enourmas otherwise, so you’ll,be looking at a monster!

T1000
    Free Member

(Looking at a monster)…. That’s my fear….

midlifecrashes

Honda FRV?

stevie750

Skoda octavia. I fitted (15st male) with 2 isofix seats, getting in was the hardest part. Once I got in it was only a liitle bit tight

It was an octavia scout

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Smax with the back row taken out……

T1000
    Free Member

Frv would be possible is there any thing else currently in production with a flexible rear row?

My dislike of 7 seaters is that we would only need one for 1 week a year and I’m not convinced by the 5 + 2 options having had someone attempt to park in the boot of a previous car

takisawa2

Toyota Verso we had could. Never used the back row, they just stayed folded away. Best was that the three seats in the middle were seperate seats, so could slide independently. Was a squeeze with three though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

you only need the 3x isofix once a year?
    Buy something sensible for the 51 weeks and then hire for a week.

aracer
    Free Member

Don’t have isofix seats, but have had 3 kiddy seats on the back of my Mondeo (and also 2 kiddy seats in with part of the seat folded to fit in an xmas tree). So I can’t say definitively, but it’s definitely worth a look – it’s a very wide car, with significantly more width in the rear seat than my previous 406.

Oh and also not too bad with 2 kiddy seats and one adult.

Bregante

Another vote for the FRV. Granted not the sexiest car but that isn’t your priority. I’ve had mine almost 8 years and it’s been absolutely faultless, only needing a battery, Brake pads, wiper blades and tyres in that time.
    I haven’t even had to replace a light bulb!

Ideal family car IMO. Three proper rear seats, you can slide the middle one backwards to give extra legroom if required and with the seats down its a huge load carrier.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

almera tino…

midlifecrashes

Non isofix car seats are available, and work just fine. Especially now centre rear seats are usually 3 point rather than lap belts. Don’t buy the wrong car for one week with the grandparents.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I would say S-Max as well (though I don’t think you can actually take the back row out, not that you notice when they’re folded down). Possibly Grand C-Max or whatever it’s called has them too?

danrandon
    Free Member

FRV +1 here as well, big enough for six adults, front centre and 2 rear outer seats have isofix. Boot with rear seats down big enough for 5 bikes if loaded correctly. 😉

igm

S-Max is two isofix in the middle row but the third seat will take an adult or a non-isofix seat.

Vague feeling a Freelander will do three seats across it – but I’d rather have Ford’s posh bike van.

mtbfix

Ford Galaxy has 3 isofix points across the ack iirc.

Tracey

Grand Picasso. Third row seats fold flat into floor so a massive boot area

aracer
    Free Member

Have checked and it seems Mondeo only has 2 isofix fittings, but plenty of space and a 3 point belt in the middle for an adult or a traditional kiddie seat. Anyway I thought isofix was only used on seats for smaller kiddies, so not only is it only going to be needed one week a year, it’s also probably only going to be needed for a couple of years – didn’t appear to be an option when buying the seats our 4yo is now using.

Am I currently winning with the only suggestion of a normal shaped car (even if it doesn’t quite meet the specific suggested requirements)? 😉

midlifecrashes

Before Isofix came along, we had three seats across, variously, a Mondeo, a 405, Volvo 940, Honda Stream, Talbot Express campervan and an Avensis. Some of the seats are way bigger than others, get seats to fit the car, not the other way round.

T1000
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, looks like the FRV won’t comply with my company car allowance policy (too much CO2 and too old)

Using the seats in non isofix mode means that 1 6′ adult can sit in between two of them in the current car.

Some isofix seats go up through the age range to 12yrs

swedishmatt
    Free Member

T1000. Isofix seats have a weight limit which i think might be 18 kilos? 12 years surpasses that weight.

To the op get two non isofix seats if you dont move seats out often and put one of them in the middle or one in the front passenger seat (yes it’s safe as long as you deactivate the air bag). I bought a 7 seat santa fe which takes care of that occassinal need for mucho passengers for a short trip. Probably woyldnt meet your co2 requirements though of course.

IA

Think my berlingo multi space (new shape) has three isofix. All the rear seats re the same width anyway.

The main reason to get one tho is you take 2 seats out and can do 3 people and 3 bikes wheels on.

aracer
    Free Member

Isofix might be available for older kids, but not sure what the advantage is once the seat is simply sitting them up higher and the normal seatbelt is holding them in place – my seats don’t actually attach to the car at all. Fairly sure both my kids moved out of seats which attached to the car when they were 3.

My 4yo is over that (according to the report from school – I feel a new thread coming…) and not particularly big for his age.

backinireland
    Free Member

Grand picasso
    Seven seats but they fold into boot floor and you wouldn’t know they were there
    Good sized boot
    I also like the new shape bustling as a mtbing car for reasons above

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘3 nr rear isofix positions preferably not a 7 seater?’ is closed to new replies.