Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 3 mobile phone coverage in the Peak District
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

I'm thinking of changing to a 3 mobile phone because I get free Skype to Skype calls with it. The coverage in the Peak District looks a bit poo though, and since this will be my "on the bike" phone it could be a no go.

Anyone use 3 in and around the Peak District (and I mean in the hills and dales rather than in the middle of Sheffield)? What's the signal like?

joemarshall
    Free Member

It should work on 2G anywhere that there is an Orange 2g signal I think?

Joe

stinker
    Free Member

I live 1 mile from Holmfirth (dark peak area) and to be honest, we have 3 different mobile phones in our house (mine, my wifes, my works) all on different companies, but they are all hit and miss. I think on the whole I would say that o2 has been the best. Hope this helps.

thepodge
    Free Member

3 used to be bloody rubbish for coverage. no idea now though

grumm
    Free Member

Not sure about in the Peak but it was many many years ago that 3 was rubbish generally but they have sorted it out long ago (and share masts I think with T Mobile) My reception is generally better than most other networks on 3.

Depends on the phone as well of course.

timdrayton
    Free Member

i am on 3 and didnt notice any probs in the peaks, only spent a weekend up there tho, the skype however was pretty useless, massive delay that made it impossible to hold a conversation.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

cheers all, especially tim, since if the Skype is naff there's not much point

MoreCashThanDash

Not sure about 3 coverage, but Vodaphone was a huge black hole betwen Hartington and Ashbourne yeterday, and also in Snelston south of Ashbourne. Work couldn't get hold of me for ages!!!!

Forgot to mention – Vodaphone has another black hole in Baslow, but I've been OK in most of the other towns and villages around the Peaks and Derbyshire Dales.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘3 mobile phone coverage in the Peak District’ is closed to new replies.