Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • 3 door cars/Coupe's and kids. I don't need another car do I?
  • ekul
    Free Member

I have a Audi RS6 Avant 4.0 T FSI V8 Quattro. It sure does surprise the peasants in their A6 Avant 3.0tdi V6 multitronic 4wd Black Editions. 😆

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I have a Audi RS6 Avant 4.0 T FSI V8 Quattro……

😀

ads678

Ads678 – no need to edit your post. Passats are nice cars! I also love the Pyrenees

Yeah, I just thought it seemed a bit argumentative for no real reason. So thought i’d just remove it rather than getting into a debate. 🙂

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

You’re not suggesting anyone on here would start a ridiculous argument for no particular reason, are you? 😀

brassneck

Don’t give up on life just because you’ve become a Father. Your son needs you to look vaguely cool later on. Not a dour/dull **** later who will just embarrase him.

LoL, and Dad in a hot coupe when 40+ isn’t at all embarrassing 🙂 – make sure you’ve got the comb over.You’re going to be an embarrassment one way or other regardless, don’t kid yourself – it’s inevitable once they hit teenage.

OP – seriously for mo, main issue if you can work around luggage etc. is that it’ll do your back in lifting them in and out of car seats and doing up belts, and lifting the whole seat whilst in rear facing seats. MPVs are just easier to live with. It’s also a case of who’s going to be using the car – if your wife is going to be using day to day she will get very bored very quickly I suspect.

smartboy
    Free Member

I stuck to the V8 theme and ditched the Vauxhall Monaro for an Audi RS 6 avant when baby Smartboy was due.

A sensible family estate car doesn’t have to be a downgrade from a noisy V8 coupe!

johndoh
    Free Member

I have a Audi RS6 Avant 4.0 T FSI V8 Quattro. It sure does surprise the peasants in their A6 Avant 3.0tdi V6 multitronic 4wd Black Editions.

😀

How very dare you 😛

jam-bo

Two cars…

My son loves going in daddy’s car. Shiny black, 3dr hatch, 4wd fun machine.

Mummy’s car is the dull but ultimately practical estate load lugger

jam-bo

I have a Audi RS6 Avant 4.0 T FSI V8 Quattro. It sure does surprise the peasants in their A6 Avant 3.0tdi V6 multitronic 4wd Black Editions.

What do you do when the v10 shows up to the party?

hot_fiat

The main issue with isofix bases is that they make the seat really high. Instead of giving up, I’d consider getting a seat with built-in isofix that’s approved for your car. It’s not like you ever move them around in their seat once they’re past 9kg. Removing the rear headrest also makes it loads easier to get the seat to fit properly. It’ll be more difficult to put a seat in the back of a coupe soon though when we move to rear-facing only for under 4s.

Seats that tilt & slide make it much easier. When we had our Ibiza we’d loath using it for the boy over the Abarth as the seat mechanism was so primitive.

cr500dom
    Free Member

We Had a 130i Msport, but it was the boot that was too small really, its scary how much crap you end up carting about, and pushchairs are awkward shapes.
    Changed it for a 535D Touring, which is faster, more composed but will swallow huge amounts of stuff.
    Ironically, No2 no longer wants to go in the buggy, and we could probably downsize to a 130 again !!
    I do have a van, which will probably get seats and windows in it soon, so then we have an activity vehicle that can swallow bikes / camping stuff etc.

The harder problem to overcome is the Toy…… how do I get 2 kids in the back of a hatchback, which has a rollcage and a fully 4 linked rear axle in there..???
    I`m thinking scaled down Carbon Bucket seats and Harnessess to match those in the front

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Ok, so let the mockery begin.

The cars nowt too special – 2008 (not relevant) BMW (only relevant for purposes of mockery) 3 series coupe (slightly relevant)

You obviously need an Octavia vRS estate, like the rest of the forum.

A sensible family estate car doesn’t have to be a downgrade from a noisy V8 coupe!

‘zackly. 😉

cr500dom
    Free Member

Meant to say, Maxicosi do a swivelling seat that makes life so much easier too

johndoh
    Free Member

Meant to say, Maxicosi do a swivelling seat that makes life so much easier too

We found they don’t fit to all cars – we wanted them but they didn’t fit our 2007 Mazda 3

philjunior
    Free Member

Keep what you have, it’s really big enough and when kids get bigger then can climb into their own seat, no bad back necessary.

Remember you’re a person who is also a dad, not just a dad.

I know people who have bought MPVs for sprog 1, which seems somewhat OTT and something I hope never to have to do (if 4+ come along I may have to go back on that).

richmtb

Well now that you are a parent you need exactly the same size car you currently have just with a higher up driving position

hot_fiat

AARGH, my eyes. Make it stop!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

All this talk or v8 w!lly replacements!

I didn’t say my car was exciting, it’s just the little 2.0l

(But still quicker than some of those Lada vRS’s :D)

The thing is, the wife hasn’t yet passed her test but already she’s talking of wanting “her own little car” which, given our budget wouldn’t be something new enough/safe enough for me to want her doing long journeys in..

Hmmm indeed

richmtb

AARGH, my eyes. Make it stop!

I know its absolutely gopping, when I first saw pictures of it I thought it was a photoshop joke, but no that genuinely is BMW’s newest model.

Still you could put a BMW or Mini badge on a brown floater and people would still buy it

Ahem…

loddrik
    Free Member

Funnily enough I’d have one of the new 5 door Mini Cooper S’s. The only mini worth having IMO.

Pieface

Get something 5 doors and tall – think Nissan Note / Renault Scenic as when the little one gets taller / bigger and are still in a car seat the extra door height will be appreciated.

Saw a Ford B-Max that has rear sliding doors – very nice

ekul
    Free Member

What do you do when the v10 shows up to the party?

Get on my moral high horse and accuse them of destroying the planet with their unnecessarily loud and large engine. 😆

EDIT – At this point i should probably clarify I actually drive a 2007 Ford Fiesta Zetec S. Which is a 3 door. Sadly I can’t recommend it to the OP based on my experiences of trying to get my 2 yr old niece into her seat in the back.

richmtb

Funnily enough I’d have one of the new 5 door Mini Cooper S’s. The only mini worth having IMO

Yes but the 5 door Mini is actually quite sensible, they’ve just taken the standard 3 door mini and lengthened it a liitle bit to add in the doors.

Taking a jacked up crossover / SUV / MPV and then removing two doors and dropping the roofline is not sensible and doesn’t reeally make for a nice looking coupe

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I still fancy one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261476450022?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

A bit thirsty, but incredibly practical. Apparently you can hose them out…

jambalaya
    Free Member

I had the 2.7tdi SE Quattro so that wouldn’t apply to me 8). I did have a drive in the RS – wow – priced to match though !

RRR if the Mrs wants her own little car get one suitable for junior, eg Fiesta/Polo/etc sized 4dr and hold onto the Couple for a bit longer. If/when you realise you are spending more time in the little car then time to change the Coupe.

JulianA
    Free Member

I have an A4 3.0 V6 Cabrio and no kids. Brill. (Can’t keep up with the RS4s or the RS6s though – but I console myself that I’m not spending (quite) as much on petrol :lol:)

The cats both go in the back in their baskets when it’s time to go to the cattery and we can get all their toys in no problem.

My parents had VW Beetles when we were kids and we used to get along just fine. Anyone else remember riding in the rear well behind the back seats? We never died, not even once.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘3 door cars/Coupe's and kids. I don't need another car do I?’ is closed to new replies.