Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 3 days of Welsh brilliance
  • timnwild

Bikepark Wales – fantastic, even in the driving rain, specially the blue runs, which better suit my hardtail aversion to being shaken stupid on rocks. Uplift worked a treat, decent food, nice people and we managed 9 runs in a day. Loved it. Personal favourite is Melted Welly start, but with the red options thrown in.

The Gap on Saturday, which was sunny and beautiful.

Then a cheeky visit to Cwmcarn on the way home for the Twrch trail, which is fantastic – tough but exciting climb, cheeky little freeride section at the top, then a series of steep blasts back down.

I am happy.

wwaswas

*jealous*

bombjack
    Free Member

I’ll second the BPW praise. Love the place, feels like a proper resort with the run choices and general laid back attitude. Just a pity the uplifts are booked up until the end of time.

Blurboy
    Free Member

Didn’t fancy the queues at Bilkepark Wales but also just back from 3 days in Wales so did the Beast at Coed Y Brenin, Marin trail at Betys Y Coed and on day 3 the red run at Llandegla. Loved the last one, less draggy climbs than the other 2 and really fast berms and Singletrack on the way down. Seemed to go on for ages – brilliant. Lots of trees down at all 3 and some closures still – work checking.

merynella
    Free Member

Dunno what it’s like normally but on the Saturday a week ago my mate and I got on the BPW uplift at about 10.30 and 12.30 or so without having pre-booked. The vans seemed to turn up in pairs. The weather wasn’t bad enough to have kept people away either, I didn’t think.

boltonjon

Visited for the first time a couple of Monday’s ago

Really impressed – especially with Enter the Dragon – those drops are ace. Dai Hard was shut, which was a shame

Done the blues as well, which are pretty good as bermed stuff goes, but not my cup of tea

In general, a really great set up with great staff

Also rode the new stuff at Afan that weekend – very impressive. Stayed at Afan Lodge – top quality gaff 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘3 days of Welsh brilliance’ is closed to new replies.