Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 3 day mini tour………Long mynd?
  • ton

got a few days off in march so fancy a mini tour.
    so browsing at the map, the long mynd popped out. been there with some mates riding the mtb’s, but thought it looked nice to maybe go for a potter on the lanes.
    if i remember, the roads round it seemed pretty quiet.
    am i right? is it a nice are to explore for a few days?

RoterStern
    Free Member

Lovely part of the world to go for a bike ride. Just avoid the Bur Way on a weekend unless you want to get stuck behind queues of traffic.

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

It’d great. You could Poole down towards kington or clun as well it’s nice all round there.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Stunning place, well recommended. Head right over the other side of the Mynd into the lower bumps near Myndtown, Lydham, Snead and Old Church Stoke, then head back up into the hills near Shelve, Pennerly and back up the Bog..

Awesome, that area used to be my old Roadie training ground.

BigJohn

The National Trust Cafe up Carding Mill Valley is worth a stop. I had a vegetarian Scotch egg from there (I’m normally a carnivore) and it was the best Scotch egg I’ve had by miles.

Make sure your cycling shoes are comfortable for walking in. There are some gradients around. But it’s all lovely, if a bit bleak.

Rik
    Free Member

Checking in here, sounds like for me and the wife later in the year.

Be good to know the route when you have one – Sure thee are some ideas in the ‘Lost Lane Wales’ book

Chew
    Free Member

Ask on’t other place as theres a few people who live near.

Great for riding, although conditions could be far from great at the moment.

Houns

Great food and great beer, can let you know the places to get both

martinhutch

There are a few utterly bastard road climbs! Arriving at the foot of Asterton Bank after a long day was not a fun moment.

djflexure

The Bridges Pub does a good lunch

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘3 day mini tour………Long mynd?’ is closed to new replies.