Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 3 Blokes looking for ideas: 3-day Welsh Spring ride
  • grtdkad

… you get the gist. We’re based near the Hereford – Worcester border and are looking for route ideas for Spring 11.

Considering 3-days, 2 nights (pub/inn type accommodation with ale and grub); looking for high proportion of off road, don’t mind climbing, bits of technical etc

Any ideas?

Blackhound

Can recommend the Cambrian Way – but you won’t see many people. 3 day route but it is point to point:

http://www.imba.org.uk/WhereToRide/TransCambrianWay.html

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Why not ride to Machynlleth. 1st night Builth Wells, 2nd Devils Bridge through to Mach and back on the train. I could spec out a route which would be virtually all off road. Or you could follow Glyndwrs way from Knighton via Mach to Welshpool, again back on the train, plenty of options there.

Ambrose

Bothy Tour?

grtdkad

So could do Cambrian out-n’back? Say 50/60 miles each way.

Perhaps similar with the Builth/Mach route.

Or are there any recognised circular routes of 110-150 miles?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Hey Ambrose, speaking of Bothy’s how was yours?

grtdkad

Yeah, quite like the bothy idea but REALLY like the idea of Inn, warm fire, real ale and fat steak combination… 😕

timber

Black Mountains/Brecon Beacons

Head from Hay-on-Wye to Mynydd Ddu Forest, Crickhowell, Bwlch, Gap, Sarn Helen, wherever really depending what you fancy.

Ambrose

Bothy trip was curtailed due to the snow- I couln’t get there. So I was raring to go for the bivvi trip… ..to wake on Saturday Morn to find a massive sheet of ice all the way down the hill.

So now I’m two trips down/ in credit with Mrs A. Bothy trip planned for Mid January, watch this space 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘3 Blokes looking for ideas: 3-day Welsh Spring ride’ is closed to new replies.