• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by aP.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 3 Bikes, 3 People, 1 Ford Focus Estate.
  • crashbanggg
    Free Member

With the above mix, whats the best way to fit them all in the car? We don’t have a bike rack (yet)but when loading bikes I seem to be able to fill an entire car using one bike, let alone 3 bikes and three people. So whats the best way to load them all in? A picture would be good, however I doubt many people load a car with bikes and think ‘oo, that’d make a nice picture’…

valleydaddy
    Free Member

does the focus have a split back seat?

If so fold down the widest part, front wheels off and stack the bikes in on top of each other should get them in easy peasy lemon squesy 😀

stuartm555
    Free Member

okay it’s not a focus and doesn’t really help but still …

well packed! by Stuart Marshall, on Flickr

being sensible for a second – seats will probably split 60:40 so leave the single seat up – remove wheels and jam it all in 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Same floorpan (ish) as my c-max so just wheels off, seatposts off, split 2 of the rear seats down, frames go down the length of the boot, wheels behind the passenger, stick some old carpet between them to stop frames rubbing.

Northwind

It won’t be particularily hard, we’ve had that with the back wheels and seatposts still in the bikes with mine. It’d have need some more careful stacking to get in luggage etc. Focus has a reasonably tall cargohold (it’s too big to call it a boot) so you can get bikes in at a fairly upright angle, which means loads of space to stick things underneath and to the side.

If you’re finding it a squeeze, taking off flat pedals makes a surprising amount of difference- partly because they’re so sticky-out, partly because you need to be so careful with them not to maul some other poor bike, and partly because they love to get tangled up with stuff, especially wheels.

crashbanggg
    Free Member

I’ll bare those ideas in mind for the future, in the mean time one of us has dropped out so two bikes and two people (Should be) a piece of piss, Cannock ahoy!

aP
    Free Member

2 bikes go into a focus estate easily with load cover over the top but 3 requires putting one of the rear seats down.
    We use old towels to put between frames to stop them rubbing on each other.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘3 Bikes, 3 People, 1 Ford Focus Estate.’ is closed to new replies.