Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 3 1/2 days riding in the Lakes. Where to go…
  • brooess
    Free Member

I've ridden a fair bit in the Lakes already and wondering what else to do.
    Done so far:
    Borrowdale Bash
    Iron Keld to Loughrigg Terrace
    Garburn Pass
    Whinlatter
    Walna Scar
    Helvellyn and Dollywagon Pike
    Lonscale Fell
    I have the necessary maps so happy to nav
    Any ideas? Looking for 4-6 hour stuff
    Ta

grumm
    Free Member

Definite lack of Grizedale done so far. Simon's Claife and Grizedale route would be a good un – or the tour of Coniston.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

or the tour of Coniston.

eeeek, how could I have forgotten THAT ??

clareymorris

Don't forget a Keswick Tuesday evening 6:30 from the Lakeland Pedlar 🙂

tandemwarriors

Don't forget a Keswick Tuesday evening 6:30 from the Lakeland Pedlar

There's an outside chance I might be joining you again for that tomorrow.
    Coming down tomorrow morning for a few days to meet up with Paul from Cotic & Mrs Paul, who we haven't seen in ages, so might drag them out.
    Or we might get delayed in a Keswick hostelry catching up on a few years gossip!

Rob

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Anything around Stavley is a nice contrast to what you have done,The tour of coniston is great as well. 😉

brooess
    Free Member

Cheers SFB. Tour de Coniston looks especially good 🙂
    Are Bogtrotters around over the bank holiday weekend? Do you have space for a guest?
    May well join the Tuesday Evening ride too – so long as there's enough daylight not to need lights

lowey

Doing both those on Friday and Saturday next week 😀

dandan
    Free Member

Lowey which rides are they? out of interest how long do they take you? do you have regular breaks? and what is the distance of them?

Have only done garburn pass, me and a mate gol lost we were in the saddle for 6 hours, was a long tough day but enjoyable. My longest ride yet.

Want to do much more natural riding though, difficult going aloneand not knowing the routes etc tho.

scruff
    Free Member

Bogtrotters Grize/Claiffe ride is fannytastic. Anything around Coniston is great.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Back of Skiddaw is a great ride. The 'back' bit is a bit of a drag but the rest more than makes up for it. Very dry up there at the moment as well so the section from Skiddaw House should be in good condition.

If you don't mind a good carry then Gatesgarth and Nan Bield (start at Staveley) is something I want to get back and ride again (add Garburn into the same ride and you've a really big day out).

lowey

dandan

Gizedale is about 22, the Other is about the same but a fair but more climbing.

Full day routes at a sociable pace mate.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Are Bogtrotters around over the bank holiday weekend? Do you have space for a guest?

we tend to avoid The Lakes on a BH. Saturday = Clapham (Yorks), Sunday = Calderdale

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘3 1/2 days riding in the Lakes. Where to go…’ is closed to new replies.