Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 2×10 set up help
  • samwise
    Free Member

ive got my new 2×10 on and when its on the smallest ring at the back it catchs on the next ring up. i have 2 spacers on the drive side bottom bracket and one on the other side… im thinking if i move this spacer to the drive side it will help centralise the front chain rings with the rear cassette better… is this advisable?

samwise
    Free Member

anyone got good advise on this?

passtherizla
    Free Member

what 2×10 system are you using? what size bb shell? what did you have before?

Kryton57

The BB spacers depend on the BB shell size.

For 68mm – 2 on the drive side, 1 on the non drive side
    For 73mm, – 1 on the drive side only.

Once that ^ is correct, your problem could be:

a) Incorrect tension on the gear cable not allowing the chain to drop properly onto the smallest cog

b) or, your “stop” screw (the one that stops the chain falling off the small ring into the gap between that and the chain stay) is wound a long way in and prevent correct engagement of the sprocket

c) or, the rear mech reach screw does’t allow the mech to be in line with the sproket at that point.

Get the BB spacers right, and try small adjustments of a, b, and c one at a time until you can see which allows the mech to be in line with the sprocket. Repeat for the correspong screws at the other end of the cassette (large sprocket).

samwise
    Free Member

Hey thanks for your help mate I did try to move all three spacers to one side but the hope bottom bracket is misinform the last few mil of thread to have the spacer there so thought it best I leave it there

Once I’d got all the cables routes and tuned it up it all seems sweet 🙂 now just to get out n ride

Tha is again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘2×10 set up help’ is closed to new replies.