Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • 2nd Interview.. tie colour advice needed
  • Bedds
    Free Member

So, I’ve made it through to an interview to a job i really really want. I wore a charcoal suit, light blue shirt and dark blue tie last time round.. what advice do you have for the second round. I’m thinking of a white shirt with charcoal suit again black shoes and belt.. any thoughts? Red is a power colour which i’m not sure about..

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think you are over thinking it but good luck and I hope you get the job

EDIT: Your post makes more sense after your edit but my point remains
    Good Luck

Markie
    Free Member

Grey. Then they’ll know you’ll dominate! 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes but make sure it has 50 shades for the ladies

IGMC

hels
    Free Member

Get a GB flag tie, patriotic ! Or a vest, like Tim Brooke-Taylor in the Goodies.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😉

Wear one that you like. White shirt is a good idea, as it’s nice and neutral. Try and pick a tie that’s serious, but not dull. I know that may sound silly, but there you go! 🙂

Oh, and the very best of luck to you!

captain-slow
    Free Member

Depends on industry and job, but with charcoal suit and white shirt someting like a dark green or dark mauve tie can look very classy

project
    Free Member

I wore a charcoal suit, light blue shirt and dark blue tie last time round.. what advice do you have for the second round. I’m thinking of a white shirt with charcoal suit again black shoes and belt.. any thoughts?

only people appearing in court or flogging double glazing still wear ties.

lunge

There was some research a while ago that said that those wearing yellow ties were more successful than those in other colours. If you wore blue first then a white tie with a yellow or pink subtly patterned tie is what I would go for.

singlespeedstu

Do you realy think they’ll be selecting who get’s the job by the colour of their tie?

(Wear four or five ties of different colours to cover all bases.)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Do you realy think they’ll be selecting who get’s the job by the colour of their tie?

No, but if the OP feels good, and looks good, he’s very likely to give a better interview. Therefore, the choice of tie could very well give him the edge that makes him a better candidate.

Then again, he could just turn up in a t-shirt, jeans and flip flops. Yeah, that would be a better approach, wouldn’t it?

Duggan

Is the job for a tie magazine?

Bedds
    Free Member

Cheers al for the thoughts

You may be right SSS but i’m working my nuts off for this job and i don’t want to cock up on something so ‘simple’ as a tie

singlespeedstu

You may be right SSS but i’m working my nuts off for this job and i don’t want to cock up on something so ‘simple’ as a tie

In that case you need to look at the other bit of my post.

(Wear four or five ties of different colours to cover all bases.)

Good luck BTW.

Then again, he could just turn up in a t-shirt, jeans and flip flops.

What colour flipflops though?
    It could make all the difference. 8)

Bedds
    Free Member

The job is for HSE manager for an international company.. no jokes please 😉

I did read it SSS just explaining the reason for the question.. it’s a job that will change my life so want everything to be right.. As Captain said i felt great for the first interview and i think it came across.. this involves the global head of safety so again first impressions and all that

project
    Free Member

Hopefully, if you fail to get the job, it will be on something more serious than tie colour, but then again i have never worn a tie since leaving school for working in a job.

Best wishes on the job though.

singlespeedstu

As I said up there. ^^
    Good luck.
    Just trying to lighten the mood a little.

If you’ve been invited back for a second interview that should give you more than enough confidence to feel good about it. 😀

Bedds
    Free Member

Ther was no offence taken and thankyou for the good luck thoughts much appreciated 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Is this true?

The job is for HSE manager for an international company.. no jokes please

Whatever colour you can get in the clip-on range. A normal tie could be considered dangerous and could need some kind of risk assessmnet.
    Regarding colour, anything serious and conservative. No bright or garish colours, no outrageous patterns and NO cartoons or strippers.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What colour flipflops though?

Obviously.

singlespeedstu

They’d just look wrong if the OP has hairy toes though.

If it’s for the HSE maybe you should consider a hard hat and safety shoes instead of pink flipflops.

Bedds
    Free Member

Prepared to shave ❗

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Prepared to shave

Sorry, can’t let you have anything that sharp.

Health and safety, innit.

You’ll have to use tweezers.

Markie
    Free Member

Sandwich

Flip flops for Spanish or French construction.

Clip-on tie if dealing with aggressive scaffolders.

lunge

You’re never going to get the job on what you wear but you might not get the job on what you wear.

Sharp charcoal suit, polish your shoes up, crisp white shirt, yellow or pink tie with a light pattern, clean shaven, smart hair and no Jewelery bar a dressy watch and a wedding ring. Yes, it may not please those on here who’ve not worn a tie since school but for everyone else this will see you right.

Bedds
    Free Member

Thanks lunge.. appreciate the honest appraisal!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘2nd Interview.. tie colour advice needed’ is closed to new replies.