Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 2nd hand Liteville Mk11 – how much to pay ?
  • pymwymis
    Free Member

Lusted after one of these for a lomg time but always considered out of my wallets reach.

Totally by accident (well I was kind of looking)I found one for sale. Purchased April this year, black ano, and run fairly lightly by all accounts.

I am in discussions with the owner who has mentioned a price but I’d be interested in your opinions as to the worth of the frame with a couple of bits (XTR front mech, XT shadow clutch rear mech, mech protector and XT BB – to be exact).

I don’t want to lead you so I wont mention the price.

Your thoughts before I make an expensive mistake ?

chakaping
    Free Member

Is there a transferrable warranty on those?

What shock and has it been serviced?

Pauly

£1350 ono imo vgc gsoh

Warranty is good & transferable to 2nd owner.

pymwymis
    Free Member

Warranty is transferable and the shock is mint having been swapped out upon purchase by the original owner for something else (I don’t know what).

£1350 would be nice. It’s a little more than that bust not by a ball busting amount.

pymwymis
    Free Member

Bump.

Just trying to make sure I don’t pay way over the odds.

br
    Free Member

The ‘right’ price is probably somewhere between the new price and the price you’d like to pay…

So at £2k new you’d be daft to pay more than £1500 for a pristine example.

chakaping
    Free Member

Just trying to make sure I don’t pay way over the odds.

With a rare bike like that in nearly new condition there isn’t going to be a “going rate” – it’s more what you think it’s worth paying.

I can see how the warranty adds a bit to the value compared to a normal s/h frame, but personally I’d expect £1,350 to be quite achievable. There’s unlikely to be people lining up to buy it.

I wouldn’t go that high myself tbh, but then I don’t really want a Liteville and you apparently do!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

As per chapaking, these frames are still very hard to find in the uk so its worth what someone will pay. I paid 850 for Mk8 with spare shock. Its worth looking on German Ebay as a few crop up there, but still hardly any.

pymwymis
    Free Member

Thanks guys. That has all helped. With the extra bits i figure its worth all of that to me. I’ll offer and see what happens.

Ta.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hold your horses! My lbs has a medium frame sitting, and I know the dude who owns the shop would be very easy to deal with, 1500 brand new sound a bit better than 1350 second hand? Sprockets cycles in Kilmarnock. Give him a call.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Chakaping, not chapaking… 🙂

pymwymis
    Free Member

Nobeer…. That sounds tempting. I reckon the extra bits are worth about £300 to me and now I know the history of the frame (not yet had the warranty registered so I’ll be the first on the 10’year warranty)

The frame is as new. So all in its a pretty good deal (and its only 20 miles away). I’ll see it Monday and make my call but I may well call your mate just to have an alternative.

Ta.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No probs. warranty sounds a good deal.

Rik
    Free Member

Greg – can your man do me an extra special Scottish mates rate deal on an XL frame?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

He may do buddy, I’ll pop in tomorrow and ask.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

XL? You’re smaller than me!.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘2nd hand Liteville Mk11 – how much to pay ?’ is closed to new replies.