Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 2nd hand DH bike question / advice
  • dashed
    Free Member

In the market for a secondhand DH bike, ideally looking for a Spesh Demo but seem to be loads of Lapierre’s around (“snapierre”??) and Commencal. I’d previously avoided both as I’d heard lots of rumours of them being a bit fragile, but don’t actually know anyone who’s owned (or snapped!) one. Am I being overly cautious?

Would go down the YT industries route but no stock available in time for my alps trip! 🙁

transition1
    Free Member

What size are you after?
    Have a medium TR450 demo looking to sell

dashed
    Free Member

Depending on frame, medium or large (I’m 5’11”). Age, spec, location?? 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

I’ve never seen a DH frame snapped. Just dont buy one thats been repsrayed or mucked about with or any with propriety shock fixings etc.

dashed
    Free Member

Should have posted this in the bike forum for a start.

Fail.

transition1
    Free Member

Its a 2013 Black & Yellow TR450 build kit 2
    email me if interested
    steve at surf dash sales dot com

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Hardly used Commencal Supreme DH with great bits on possibly for sale. Bought just before I stopped racing DH and so excellent condition. Large and setup for a 6′ rider.

Any frame is a risk, DH frames usually pretty well built and resiliant unless ridden at the edge. I was always a bit slow so my bike is a great buy! 😉

oliverd1981
    Free Member

There are very few frame designs or manufacturers out there that won’t have had a few snaps or cracks, especially on their lighter DH race models.
    There are however a lot of riders out there who seldom put their frames though anything like the kind of stresses that cause massive failures…

legend
    Free Member

scruff – Member
    I’ve never seen a DH frame snapped. Just dont buy one thats been repsrayed or mucked about with or any with propriety shock fixings etc.

Snapping is rare, but anyone that’s raced DH knows plenty stories of frames cracking. E.g. Commencal DH v1 – ok, v2 mk1 – terrible (not just for cracking mind you), v2 mk2 – ok, v3 – good.

tall_martin

I’ve bought a canyon downhill bike that should arive today.

Order in on Monday, arrives today(?) quick ish turnaround. There are a few larger sizes in stock.

The numbers look almostthe same as the yt but I got a sale DHX whipzone that was £300 cheaper than the equivalent yt.

I was looking at second hand, but I’m never going to need a race bike, this one will do for me

http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3271

There are some high spec ones in the outlet in large

http://www.canyon.com/_en/outlet/article.html?o=A1033130

Happy shopping!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘2nd hand DH bike question / advice’ is closed to new replies.