Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 2nd hand compact camera for £30
  • plumslikerocks
    Free Member

I have the task of sourcing a very cheap digi camera for my very negligent 7 year old! My thinking is that a used, decent one will provide better service than something cheap and nasty brand new.

I have had Canon Ixus’ over the years, but these barely hit the price bracket, and Panasonic Lumix DMC but the model numbering is difficult to relate to features, or currency.

Any recommendations?

Northwind

I’ve got a wee ixus spare which I could do for that, not sure what model it is- are you in a hurry? I’m away my holidays next week and won’t be able to deal with it til I get back…

stevemorg2

My Lumix TZ10 has been great and coincidentally is up for sale!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

A mobile phone with either no SIM, or one with parent controls?

breadcrumb

I don’t think a Lumix TZ will fair too well with a kid, the zoom could prove too delicate.

P20

Quick look on gumtree, there’s some canons for £30 but older spec. 4mp, depends on how good you want. Should do the job though

granny_ring

Got a samsung 6 MP any good?

nickjb
    Free Member

Don’t suppose you happen to be in bristol? The charity shop on park street had a dozen or so compact cameras for £10 – £20. Seemed to be some reasonable ones in there.

granny_ring

£15 + post for mine if u want it

Cougar

4mp, depends on how good you want.

(S)he is seven years old, I don’t think they’re going to be too concerned about megapixel count.

km79
    Free Member

I have one of these if it’s any use to you.

I am not a photographer so don’t know what to compare it to but it’s supposed to be pretty rugged, shock and waterproof etc. It was purchased to take up the hills with me but it never seen much use, staying in my bag most the time. My phone does that these days. Couple wee scratches on the back screen that don’t interfere with anything. I have it’s original box and instructions as well.

£30 posted if you want it. PM me if so.

granny_ring

OP, don’t know if you’re sorted but got mine out of the drawer and recharged batteries and it doesn’t work….. 🙄

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘2nd hand compact camera for £30’ is closed to new replies.