Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2nd hand car recommendations £3-5k
  • karnali
    Free Member

The turbo has gone on my seat Ibiza and it not worth repairing. Looking for recommendations for a replacement. Current car is 130 bhp TDI. Looking for something similar size to a ibiza, or a bit smaller. Will do about 10-12k miles per year mostly on Cumbrian rural and larger a roads. Looking for reasonable performance enough to overtake on a roads and good mpg hopefully 55 plus and nice to drive.

Thanks in advance

jekkyl

VW Golf or a VW Passat. If you haven’t owned a Golf in your life yet it’s about you did. Can easily fit a bike in the back and looks good. The 1.9tdi engine shifts enough and gives decent mpg.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP at your mileage I wonder whether a petrol car doesn’t make more sense and no turbo to go wrong either. I love Golfs but they trade at a premium so not sure what you’ll get for £3-5k. How about something less fashionable like a Toyota Auris with a 1.6 engine. They are a bit dull but will be very reliable. You can get a bike in the back of a Yaris too, seats down and passenger seat forward a bit

review link

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

K, out of interest, what is the Ibiza worth, and how much are you factoring for a turbo replacement?

Pieface

Ford Focus 1.8 petrol but will struggle to get that mpg

P-Jay
    Free Member

S/h turbo? Or recon? Wheeler Dealers last night lead me to believe that they can be reconditioned as good as new for as little as 295 quid.

Anyway if you want to stay VAG then you’ll get more for your money with Skoda or another Seat.

Dude above is right though, petrol might be better, it seems to be the way things are going and right now Petrols (fancy racy ones aside) are cheaper than diesels.

I’ve got the arsehole with Diesels after 10 years, next car will probably be petrol and to hell with the costs – I do 20k miles a year.

jet26
    Free Member

Got a Mazda 3 for that budget and so far so good. Cheap motoring if uncool.

Petrol so economy fuel wise less but no diesel issues. Had focus tdci before and not sure I’d go diesel again

karnali
    Free Member

Car worth about £300 turbo will be £500, body work is tatty and its getting rattly as well, hence time to change

ElShalimo

Civic VTEC petrol ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2nd hand car recommendations £3-5k’ is closed to new replies.