Viewing 14 posts - 321 through 334 (of 334 total)
  • 2nd EU Referendum Petition…..
  • mrwhyte
    Free Member

Philxx- I think you’ll find that even the people who did vote to leave, are not even near 50% of the overall population.

The government should act in the interests of the country, and if this is going to harm the lives of many people, then they should take action.

somafunk

More people learn to not just believe what’s being said and do a bit of research yourself to see if what’s being said is true, half true or just fantasy

I doubt that will happen – not whilst the majority of voters take their information from the tabloids, the only possibility is that people that do have a good grasp of the issues will hopefully attempt to discuss openly and force the genuine issues onto illiterate voters

philxx1975
    Free Member

The government should act in the interests of the country, and if this is going to harm the lives of many people, then they should take action.

^^^Now this is fair enough

but over the past week lots of people have moved the goalpost to suit their argument, shown what completely hideous people they are depending on wether you sided with them or not, and tried to to say a democratic vote is only valid if my side wins.

the true statement was “you lost-get over it” now how to fix it

Notter
    Free Member

I doubt that will happen – not whilst the majority of voters take their information from the tabloids, the only possibility is that people that do have a good grasp of the issues will hopefully attempt to discuss openly and force the genuine issues onto illiterate voters

Actually this is exactly the point, the fallout we’re going through now is showing exactly how poor the reporting (and campaigning) was, and the “uproar” from those who voted to exit on the basis of that may just trigger the notion of research.

Maybe….

Possibly….

🙂

imnotverygood
    zokes
    Free Member

the true statement was “you lost-get over it” now how to fix it

No, the true statement is “oh ****, we won, but only just, now who can we blame for this mess”

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Philxx, agreed, lots of people have become vile, and it has completely split the nation and been one of the most divisive things I have experienced.

What I am trying to say, is that if it turns out that actually it will be detrimental to the country as a whole, then surely the government should take action and be brave enough to say, ‘we feel the outcome was wrong, and for these reasons…, here is what we propose to do…’. However no one has come out with a clear plan at all, and during the whole debate both sides were equally guilty at scaremongering and preying on peoples fears, when actually all we wanted were facts that could be substantiated (most of us anyway).

theotherjonv

Philxx, agreed, lots of people have become vile,

I’d argue that rather than becoming vile, I’ve found out that there are quite a lot of already vile people in the country; far more than i believed.

Whether the decision to Leave goes ahead or not – that fact is one that needs addressing far more urgently. Whether in or out of Europe, isolationist bigotry has no place in Britain and whatever side of the vote you were on, you need to stand up and condemn it equally.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

may be I should have said, many are showing their true colours.

phiiiiil

Can we sue Johnson and Gove?

For damages? Currently adding up to, erm, really rather a lot?

I’m in.

grantway
    Free Member

colp – Member
    Of the 17.4 million people who voted Leave, 1.1 million now say they wish they had not, if the results of a Survation poll are to be believed.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-referendum-bregret-leave-petition-second-remain-latest-will-we-leave-a7105116.html
    But then the pollsters are wrong most of the time.

I bet most of the 18-24 yoofs would also get off their bums and vote stay too.

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

NOT exactly so my Daughter age 22 never voted nor her friends as they thought no matter how we voted it would be rigged and staying in would be the only option. So dream again!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

kickstarter?

philxx1975
    Free Member

[quoteI bet most of the 18-24 yoofs would also get off their bums and vote stay too[/quote]

Yup the realzation that stuff isn’t going to be handed to them on a plate might motivate them to actually get off their bums, something they obviously couldn’t be arsed to do either

somafunk

I’d argue that rather than becoming vile, I’ve found out that there are quite a lot of already vile people in the country; far more than i believed.

This^ . It’s certainly highlighted certain people in my home town along with a few business establishments i will now avoid, I’ve let them know it as well with an explanation (i made sure i very courteous) as to why i will no be shopping in their establishment and i only received one response of “well **** off then“.

It will do no good but it makes me feel a bit better. 😐

Viewing 14 posts - 321 through 334 (of 334 total)

The topic ‘2nd EU Referendum Petition…..’ is closed to new replies.