Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 2nd Claim – rules?
  • Kryton57

Is it basically that i can join 2nd claim club rides in club colours / civvies, but have to sign on, use club colours and race for my 1st claim club?

kilo

Iirc Pretty much yes, think may be able to ride club as opposed to open events for your second claim club though. No one seems to care for mtb racing

LS
    Free Member

Is this for TT or the 21st century disciplines?
    Everything except TT is simple – you can ride for as many clubs/teams as you like so long as you only ride for one in each discipline. So CX for A, RR for B, track for C etc. but no mixing of that.

That’s 1st claim, 2nd claim doesn’t really exist as a concept outside TT. You can set one club as your ‘primary’ club but it doesn’t mean a lot.

Kryton57

Well, ill be riding MTB for Club a which is a dedicated race team rather than “cycle club”. But wish stay a member of club b for local and social rides.

I do ride TT for myself though, what would i sign on as?

fifeandy
    Free Member

Obviously you do it naked and sign on as a privateer.

Kryton57

Ah a new definition of “skinsuit”…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

wow thought this was a car insurance thread!!

Roadie rules are mad…..

pdw
    Free Member

It’s mostly a British Cycling / CTT thing. Basically, you can only race open events in the name / kit of one club, although it doesn’t have to be the same club for both.

When you say that you ride TTs for yourself, do you mean that you’re signing on as a day member ? CTT events will require you to be a member of an affiliated club, which if you’re not already, usually means signing up as a day member of the organising club.

Speeder

Road riding is like a completely different sport . . . . .

mikewsmith
    Free Member

what happens if you forget your kit 😉

jb89
    Free Member

You can’t, unless it’s a ‘Come Try It’ club (Type B) event, which you don’t have to be a club member. However, in general a club would like you to become a member after doing a few of these.

Due to the unique special way in which the CTT works, the clubs are members, and thus in turn you need to be a member of a club.

And this is one of the more logical CTT rules!

Kahurangi

[deleted]

Kryton57

Yes, but re TT can i be a member of a club as 2nd claim and ride one, even without club colours – i have a galibier skinsuit.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘2nd Claim – rules?’ is closed to new replies.