Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 2nd bike conudrum
  • razorrazoo

Only have one bike at the moment, a Zesty, which is great for the majority of my riding. However as my eldest is now off stabilizers and wanting to go on rides with Dad I feel the need to get a bike that I can use for nipping down to the park, bridleways, towpaths etc. I could also use it for those short evening spins come summertime (richmond and bushey park areas for those in W.London) for a bit of fitness as any mtb requires a car journey.

Thing is there are so many options, mulled over a road bike, CX, ss/fixie, single speed / HT mtb with semi slicks, hybrid. Don’t want to spend mega bucks (think £300 region) and happy to go second hand.

Bit of a first world problem, but interested in what works for people in a similar situation.

njee20
    Free Member

What’s wrong with the Zesty?

razorrazoo

Want something I can sling a lock round outside the shops, chuck in the shed, is less of a drag on the road (lowish pressure Hans Dampfs can be a little slow), maybe even do the odd commute etc.

Plus I need to scratch the N+1 itch.

Russtea
    Free Member

Making sure it wasn’t nicked. I bought a 1980s racer. I enjoy riding in and perfect for locking up anywhere.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Rigid single speed I reckon.

I love my CX bikes, but they aren’t as practical for hopping on and off when assisting kids with their riding etc

Oh and get good brakes, little kids stop really fast, faster than I can usually.

JoeG
    Free Member

Fatbike! 🙂

haggis1978

I bought an old Kona Lava Dome a few months back. £75 it cost me. Had to regrease the hubs and the headset. The brakes are proper crap so ive ordered LX cantis for it which can be ok as far as cantis go. Its a superb bike. Not scared of losing it as it cost me peanuts.

razorrazoo

Fat bike is the polar opposite of what I need!

Think I’ll keel my eyes out for an older steel SS.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘2nd bike conudrum’ is closed to new replies.