• This topic has 29 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by cazum.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • 2k – 2.4k. 140mm – 160mm, with dropper, pikes 650b anything come close to canyon
  • cazum
    Free Member

as mentioned in the thread already open i am looking at a canyon spectral
    http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3560

ordering a bike tonight!

but before i order is there anything else i should consider? same price bracket????

thanks if anyone has suggestions!

wiggles
    Free Member

Along with the tradition of recommending what you have.

I would suggest the whyte G150s. Similar spec and yes it is more expensive but it is tested and designed in the UK for the stuff we ride. Also you can get it from a shop and support the UK bike industry.

(I have ridden last years spectral + many other bikes in this category)

richwales

Cube stereo

tomhoward

Cube stereo

😆 beaten by 11 seconds!

Or a fritzz?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Bird Aeris, although not until Jan?

prawny

I’d be willing to wait until Jan for an Aeris. The amx version looks tops for £2k and a bit.

cazum
    Free Member

erm…. no more cubes EVER!!! or a bike from tredz! lol see previous post on here for details!!!

yeah the bird is one am weighing up! only thing that puts me off is lack of reviews and its COMPLETELY new not even a new release so nothing to judge it on!…..

matther01
    Free Member

YT or new Commencaal V4?

cazum
    Free Member

only YT wicked 650b in my range and they are sold out!

never thought about a commencaal v4….. will look now

Flippinkipper
    Free Member

Radon slide27.5 9.0 HD £2.2K

Reverb
    Pikes
    Monarch plus
    Sram Guide brakes
    Sram X0

cazum
    Free Member

oh…. where from!!!!

Flippinkipper
    Free Member

http://www.radon-bikes.de/bikes/mountainbike/all-mountain/slide-275/slide-275-90-hd/

Or bike-discount.de

No idea on ride, never ridden or seen one – but looks a good spec and nice looking

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Giant Reign.

benpinnick

Cazum there’s a review of the Aeris in this months WMB. If you are feeling cheap you can find the relevant parts on the website http://www.birdmtb.com

steveh

bird aeris would definitely be top of my list!

ska-49
    Free Member

3400 euros = 2670 pounds.
    – Carbon
    – Pike
    – X01

cazum
    Free Member

wish they done that spec in alu!….

tomcrow99

I got a Kona process 153 a few weeks back from Winstanleys,for £1900, very happy. Was very tempted by a spectral but couldn’t be botherd to wait till december for my size.

ska-49
    Free Member
    aroche
    Free Member

Solid Bikes also worth a look

deviant
    Free Member

Most Commencals i’ve seen at that price have Fox 32s or 34s…nothing particularly wrong with the 34 but if you must have Pikes go for one of the German direct sales companies and spec the bike yourself.

Canyon.
    YT.
    Solid.
    Rose.
    Propain.

wiggles
    Free Member

Link doesn’t work. But are you sure you want to buy a bike from Germany meaning there is no shop to take it back to if you have any issues, after what happened with your cube?

cazum
    Free Member

could lightening strike twice…..??? knowing my luck possibly!

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-slide-carbon-27.5-8.0-239729

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

3 guys local to me all bought Radon, one managed to break his carbon chain stays and they sent him a new rear triangle under warranty. I’d say they’re all very competent and competitive riders, all like their bikes very much. I am tempted to join them when the time comes.

JoeG
    Free Member

Its a 29er, but On-One Codiene

Pike, Reverb, Cane Creek DB Air shock, X01 drivetrin…

euans2
    Free Member

Commencal Meta V4, as Commencal are now diredt sales only they are now offering their biks for much less than previous years

http://www.commencal-store.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=14495398

cazum
    Free Member

Spoke to a few owners…..they love them one cracked rear swing arm was replaced no problems they all very happy with the bikes…..

Bought it today.

Thanks for the help and advice

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I guess you are in a hurry but if you are not then I would consider waiting for the 650b Codeine.

cazum
    Free Member

needed a bike but i wasn’t waiting 5months for a strive, 3 months for a spectral. didn’t know about the codeine 650b but how long would that wait have been!?

the radon should be here within 14days… so it was a bonus ontop of the spec!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘2k – 2.4k. 140mm – 160mm, with dropper, pikes 650b anything come close to canyon’ is closed to new replies.