Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • 2hrs in Aberdeen, what to do?
  • BlindMelon
    Free Member

I’ve a couple of hours to kill in Aberdeen. What is worth seeing?

chiefinspector
    Free Member

Go to the Grill and get pissed. Great selection of Malt Whisky there 🙂

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Sounds good but driving

chiefinspector
    Free Member

Depends where in Aberdeen you are as 2 hours isn’t much time. If your in town then head to the maritime museum if you don’t want to go to any shops. Quite interesting in there.

trail_rat
    Free Member

union terrace gardens …. oh wait, didnt think that one through.

my personal favorite is the winter gardens in duthie park – and actually duthie park in general is a nice place to be.

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/community_life_leisure/parks_open_spaces/pos_WinterGdn.asp

bruneep

Sit in traffic

Depends where you are, Maritime museum is good as is marishal museum, zoology museum and duthie park could be work a look since the squillion £ upgrade spent on it.

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/museums/exhibitions/index.php

http://www.aagm.co.uk/venues/aberdeenmaritimemuseum/amm-overview.aspx

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/community_life_leisure/parks_open_spaces/pos_duthiepark.asp

higgo
    Free Member

If I had two hours to kill in Aberdeen I’d head for the beach – have a wander and a brew.

freeagent
    Free Member

When I was in a similar situation a couple of years back I just drove up the coast road toward Peterhead… fantastic scenery.

piemonster

If he’s got just two hours, he’s not driving anywhere.

It takes half that time just to get out if your in the centre.

bruneep

Sand dollar cafe at the beach is good.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“When I was in a similar situation a couple of years back I just drove up the coast road toward Peterhead… fantastic scenery. “

where do you live ? in a chinese pipe ? i drove to peterheed last sunday – wont be doing that again.

maybe it was different before trump built his monstrosity.

also piemonster – thats only true if your doing it at rushhour like

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Glen Garioch Distillery – its half an hours drive though?

link

plumber
    Free Member

Another vote for the maritime museum – its the only thing I could find during a couple of days stay a few years ago.

This is exactly why I take a camera with me now – kill some time whilst waiting for meetings that are inevitably late due to traffic 😯

piemonster

also piemonster – thats only true if your doing it at rushhour like

Sorry, I was being a tad facetious about the traffic.

andra
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member

where do you live ? in a chinese pipe ? i drove to peterheed last sunday – wont be doing that again.

maybe it was different before trump built his monstrosity.

trail_rat, Canna see how you can make a comment like that, you cant even see the course form the road!!!

trail_rat
    Free Member

What part of maybe isnt clear in my statement ?

andra
    Free Member

Well the part that says, what difference is there to the road/scenery since the course was opened has changed?

prettygreenparrot

Read a book and wait until you can leave?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well thats why i said maybe….. I didnt drive it before it was built. But last sunday its hardly the road described above…

Doesnt take away from the fact its a monstrosity an should never have been allowed.

andra
    Free Member

I actually live in Peterhead and can defo confirm its nae as described above…lol 😀

metalheart
    Free Member

The Art Gallery is worth a visit too.

2 hours is no way enough time to go anywhere out of town imho

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

If I had two hours to kill in Aberdeen I’d head for the beach – have a wander and a brew

if it’s nice, a cup of tea and a bacon roll sat outside the inversnecky cafe. odds on you’ll see dolphins, i have more often than not

ChrisL

When I’m up that way and I head into the city centre I usually end up wandering around the art gallery for a while. I’ve also done the same with the maritime museum. Sadly the Marischal College museum still appears to be shut.

Sancho
    Free Member

just chiil on the beach there isnt much else worth doing.
    maybe a lap dancing club

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘2hrs in Aberdeen, what to do?’ is closed to new replies.