Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • 2bliss tyres and stans sealant
  • ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Again thinking of going tubeless. I have stans rims and specialized 2bliss tyres so do I need the sealant?

orangeboy
    Free Member

Yes you do need sealant. The 2bliss are Ment to work with it unlike a ust tyre that’s airtight on its own

stumpy01

I would. 2Bliss aren’t UST tyres but tubeless ready.

Sealant will help.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    docrobster
    Free Member

I use stans in my 2bliss storm controls on arch ex rims. 2bliss is tubeless ready rather than ust.
    Edit:
    2slow!

wonnyj
    Free Member

Yes and the sealant will seep through the sidewalls initially but don’t worry about that as it calms down after a bit.

Northwind

I’ve had some 2bliss tyres that were airtight without sealant, but that’s pure luck and I still wouldn’t ride them like that.

TBH most people use sealant even with UST.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

So will the stans kit that comes with the rim tape, valves and sealant be enough to complete it?

bagpuss
    Free Member

Yep, you can use other brands too, I’ve been using Specialized Roval tape and valves with Stans rims and 2bliss tyres over a year now.

It’s important to get the rims spotless before you tape them to the tape takes well and particularly the lip where the tyre bead sits. And well worth giving the beads a scrub before you pop them on if the tyres aren’t new.

Should inflate easily with a track pump and a bit of gusto 🙂

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Will thishope kit be enough? I am using stans rims.

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/hope-notubes-tubeless-kit-pair-id60159.html#info

glupton1976
    Free Member

Dont waste money on buying a kit. Go for the good old bmx tube rim strip approach. Way better than any kit.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Forgive my ignorance glupton but what do you mean?

si69jc
    Free Member

No, you dont need a rubber type rim strip like glupton says, thats if your rims aren’t tubeless ready, which yours are! you just need some thin yellow tape to seal up any spoke holes in the rim!!

sugdenr
    Free Member

•1 x Yellow rim sealing tape 25mm – can be cut down for narrower rims

No dont do this, if you need the 21mm tape get it.

Actually I find that quite shocking, bad Hope, bad bad Hope – is that the ex-RR approach then, flog you the wrong tape and tell you to take a knife to it?

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Insulation tape 3 wraps

Northwind

glupton1976 – Member

Dont waste money on buying a kit. Go for the good old bmx tube rim strip approach. Way better than any kit.

Terrible advice. He has Stans rims!

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

I read on another thread from a year back that you ca use the 25 and run it in using an old spoke?

sharkattack

I just went into the garage and went tubeless on my 2bliss Puragatorys with some Stans juice and a track pump. Took about 10 minutes. I was expecting a fight but it was laughably easy. Should have done it years ago!

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

im having real issues with my roval wheels 2bliss strips and roval valves. using maxxis beavers. (not tubless but have been tubeless before)

the air is leaking form the nipples! any ideas?

Northwind

Aye, gap/damage in the tape, or badly fit/damaged valve. IME it’s usually the tape, Roval valves are better than most.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

cheers. ill get spesh to send me some new rim strips

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Bought a kit like the link for less than £20. So will probably be on here next saying I cant get the flaming things to go up.

grum
    Free Member

Standard electrical tape works just as well as the yellow tape IME.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

grum – Member

Standard electrical tape works just as well as the yellow tape IME.

Think thats what I said, works

JohnnyPanic

Electrical tape is far more flexible than Stans and air pressure will push it into the spoke holes quite darmatically unless you use 2 or 3 wraps.

Something like Gorilla tape is a tough & relatively cheap alternative but doesn’t come in widths less than 25mm. It does tear lengthways easily though, down to the width you want.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I see my mistake now. Dont bother with the bmx tube – go for insulating tape instead as others have said. 3 or 4 times round should so it.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Top tips for going tubeless
    1 Get valves with a removable core
    2 Tyre on with a standard tube and inflate to seat the tyre on the rim, NB dont ever ever go above 55 PSI.
    3 Take one side of the tyre off the rim, remove tube.
    4 Put in Valve and blow up tyre to seat removed side of tyre onto rim.
    5 Core of valve out, pour in gunge inflate and jobs a good un.

richmtb

I’ve tried 2 Bliss tyres and the went up really easily on XT UST rims,

I always add a bit of sealant regardless of the tyre.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘2bliss tyres and stans sealant’ is closed to new replies.