Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 29ers, I have the definitive answer…
  • matt_outandabout

You do have to watch a few minutes of some bloke riding round some average trails, but the last 10seconds of this film has *the* answer you have all been waiting for.
    [video]http://vimeo.com/76932899[/video]

Rorschach
    Free Member

I concur.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Article in support of video here: http://orangebikes.co.uk/news/view/big_wheel_believer

soulwood
    Free Member

Me too, before this degenerates into puerile wheel size hatred. I have owned a Soul for over 6 yrs and have only bettered this with, a Solaris. It didn’t happen overnight, more like 12-14 months of which 10 months were rigid on the Solaris until I decided to put a pair of Rebas on. Granted they aren’t everybody’s cup of tea but for me at 6’4 it’s the first bike I have owned that doesn’t look like a gate. My soul has not been ridden for months since putting sus forks on the Solaris. I am constantly surprising myself at what I can do on it, so used to riding a 26er for over 20 odd years you get kind of get stuck in your ways/opinions on what is possible or not.

patriotpro
    Free Member

They still bleeding awkward tho.

wwaswas

Is that dog a ‘Go-Pro Retriever’? Avoids the need to go back and get the camera after each section?

warns74
    Free Member

Full write up here: (for those not looking for yet another 12 page debate on the various merits of different wheel sizes!)

http://orangebikes.co.uk/news/view/big_wheel_believer

[edit] beaten to it by bungletastic!

kayak23

What was the question?

emac65
    Free Member

Got 3 29ers …..
    Got more 26ers….
    f*ck the debates,I just like riding bikes me……… 🙂

iainc

good write up, however for those of us short of leg, such a 120mm travel shod vehicle would remove the undercarriage at the first attempt to stand astride the top tube 🙂

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

You do have to watch a few minutes of some bloke riding round some average trails, but the last 10seconds of this film has *the* answer you have all been waiting for.

Matt,… didn’t I own your ass around the chase (not strictly true, but adds value) on my 29er, and you were so intrigued you had a little go…?

….you know, you fell off on your little wheeled bike….remember…. 😀

or is this a different Matt? 😕

bikeind
    Free Member

Fantastic video bike and riding!!!
    That’s how versatile a 29er is right there marvellous

matt_outandabout

or is this a different Matt?

No, I am *the* Matt.
    But not *your* Matt.
    By chase do you mean Cannock? If so, no. Not ridden at Cannock.
    The only 29er I rode was my Niner in 2008. It was ace. The tyres were crap. The reba’s were noodly. But it still was ACE fun and fast…

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Vids like that are all good no matter what the bike is. I think the biggest factor is the person on top of the bike rather than the wheel size/frame material/geometry/tubeless or tubed etc. just makes me want to get out and ride.

matt_outandabout

Ok, so I missed something off the first post, related to the title and introductory sentence…

Northwind

That’s a really nice vid. Just goes to show if you give a shopping bike to a really skilled rider, they can make it look almost as good as a real one 😉

rOcKeTdOg

Ah, remember the summer

GEDA
    Free Member

I like my 29er titus I like my 26 prophet. This guy is good on a bike he is not good on a bike due to stuff he has bought but due to him riding a lot and having fun. If you are good it does not matter so much what you ride.

mokl
    Free Member

I love my 29er, but possibly just because it fits me and rides the way I like.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Bike ridden by pro makes everything look simples shocker

bullroar
    Free Member

The key question is what paw size is the dog, clearly quicker than the bike.

the_lecht_rocks

Funnily enough my Titus fireline Evo 29er is as manoeuvrable as my old ti456. It’s not the wheels that matter but the geometry…. But the wheels do make it faster once hauling 😈

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘29ers, I have the definitive answer…’ is closed to new replies.