Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 29er's For the vertically challenged!
  • notmyrealname
    Free Member

My wife’s threatening to start coming out with me on the bike but she doesn’t have a bike at the moment!

I’ve currently got a stack of spares sitting in the garage including wheels and forks for a 29er so if I build her a 29er I’d only need to get hold of a frame. The problem that she’s only 5’3″ and I’m not sure if anyone makes 29ers for riders that short.
    Does anyone know of any small 29er frames that aren’t stupidly expensive? Ideally I’d like to get something for a couple of hundred pounds or less

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A friend is about that and is riding a small or XS rocky mtn vertex.

CheesybeanZ

MrsbeanZ’s is same the height and rides a Mariachi , not sure if billys bikes still has frames on sale .

sandwicheater

[/url]download by sandwicheater, on Flickr[/img]

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I think the 16″ Inbred might be a bit too big.

I considered an El Mariachi as they do an XS which is a 14″ frame but the only one I’ve seen is £400.
    I’ll take a look at the Rocky Mountain.

widge34
    Free Member

I know someone who is shorter than that and has a cube 29 hardtail

WackoAK
    Free Member

Emily Batty (Canadian XC racer) has a Trek 29er, she is 1.61 according to wiki (5ft4?)

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I’ve also heard of some XC racers who are that height and ride 29ers, but they’re v expensive ones (as above).

I’m also 5’3″ and can confirm a 16″ would definitely be too big – I’ve had a few 14″ inbreds and they’ve been ok but a bit long in the TTs to stop descending being as fun as it should be.

Sorry not to be more help!

campfreddie
    Free Member

MountainMonkey – Member

I’ve had a few 14″ inbreds and they’ve been ok but a bit long to stop being as fun as it should be.

have you now… lucky you.

JCL
    Free Member

Fate.

aP
    Free Member

Herself is 5’3″ and rides a XS niner EMD9. She seems happy enough with it.

flatfish
    Free Member

Same as aP.

Never rides her 26 now.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I’ve had a few 14″ inbreds and they’ve been ok but a bit long to stop being as fun as it should be.

have you now… lucky you.

Not all at once, just a few incarnations over the years – was just trying to suggest that even a 14″ might be a bit too big (if on one even do them?)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘29er's For the vertically challenged!’ is closed to new replies.