• This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by dcl.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 29er Yeti or Intense?
  • MountainMutant
    Free Member

Looking to get a new 29er hardtail.

After snapping yet another Ti frame (26″) I want a go at snapping Carbon as my Carbon roadie is the only frame I haven’t broken!

Narrowed it down to the Yeti Arc Carbon and Intense Hard Eddie.

I’ve picked these two for the long top tubes as I have long arms and like the geo. (and bling)

Anyone got one of them and can shed any light on their handling?

MM

aP
    Free Member

What about a niner?

gamerriley
    Free Member

Yeti Arc Carbon on looks. Agree with aP though,Niner Air Carbon is sublime. 😀

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Good call on the Niner thanks. Long top tube so can add that as an option.

Bit cheaper too

TheGingerOne

I have the Yeti and it is the most fun and fastest bike I have ever had.

Yeti geo is spot on and it loves to be ridden hard, yet really is surprisingly playful.

Coped admirably on a week with BasqueMTB, so can easily ride more than you would think it can handle. Everyone who has seen it and ridden it has come away very impressed 🙂

MountainMutant
    Free Member

How tall are you GingerOne?

Thought I’d need a Large at 6’1″ but there is an XL on ebay and the owner is 6’1″ and reckons the sizing comes up small.

I had a 575 years back and that was a large and was a good fit

TheGingerOne

I’m 5’10” with slightly short legs and a long body and ride a (EDIT) medium:

robgclarkson
    Free Member

i have a Yeti Big Top which is by far and away the best bike i’ve ever owned, as thegingerone says, far more capable than 100mm HT has any right to be… (i think they both have the same geo)

i’m 6″ and ride a medium… i’ve got quite long arms, and short legs so with a 70mm stem i’m really happy with my setup and the overall feel of it.

EDIT: just looked, the geo is slightly different between the 2…

Mascy
    Free Member

Had a mate who sent back a big top due to it being so flexy in the rear. Did he just have a bad one or are they all like that?

As a double (aluminium) Yeti owner, I’m hoping it was a one off, but he knows his stuff so I fear the latter…..

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I’d go for a Large OP. That’s what Yeti recommend for your height. They’re usually spot on.

pinetree
    Free Member

@Mascy- the OP’s not asking about a bigtop though. It’s a bit like someone asking for a review of a Nissan GTR, and you saying “my mate had a Micra he didn’t like very much”
    Apples and oranges, dude.

Fwiw- The arc is a flying machine. Proper threaded BB too.

dcl

My daughter has had the Arc as her race bike all year and loved it. I had to put it on a high rack in the garage to save it for race day!!! It was too tempting and too much fun otherwise!! Very fast and responsive with the Fox Fork. She is not a happy bunny as I am about to sell it as it is the end of her season!!

bikeneil
    Free Member

She is not a happy bunny as I am about to sell it as it is the end of her season!!

If it’s that much fun why sell it at all?

dcl

She will be riding for a new team and hence a new ride is required!!!

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Thought the arc c was a pf30 bb

Dcl is your daughter 6’1″…..I could be interested

In the bike 😉

dcl

she is not and it is the medium. You will need the large.
    It is a standard BB. Such a better set up!!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘29er Yeti or Intense?’ is closed to new replies.