Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 29er wheels – Easton Haven/any experience
  • Alex

Still looking for a set of 29er wheels for my Solaris. Definitely want 15mm maxle. Fulcrum XL’s look a bit narrow and I want to run tubeless natively. CRC have Haven’s in the right config for about the same as a set of Merlin built Stan Arch EX. Any experience of the Havens?

Option C is to take a risk and go for the superstar pacenti / switch evo set which are £150 less! The reviews 0n the wheel builds tho make me think it’s a false economy.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Lots of problems with bearings apparently… link

Edit: though it looks like this might be resolved in the 2012 set. I’d do some digging before buying.

Yetiman
    Free Member

I posted this on another thread.

“I’m a big fan of Stans / Pro2 combo’s but I’m currently trying out a pair of 2011 spec Easton Haven 29er wheels that I picked up towards the end of last year when CRC were selling them off for £360. 15mm front / 135 x 12mm rear. So far I’m really pleased with them. 2.4 Ardents seal ok with some latex and the rims are a good width so wide tyres have a good profile, I think they look great and they are quite light. They have taken a fair beating in the few rides I’ve managed recently but the real test will be the longevity of the rear hub as there are supposedly some reliability issues with them, although regular checking and greasing should help. Performance wise they appear to be pretty stiff although this is my first 29er build so I have nothing to compare against, and the rear hub engages beautifully. It has a lovely light ‘whirrr’ which is music to my ears compared to the racket my Pro2 hubs make. ”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘29er wheels – Easton Haven/any experience’ is closed to new replies.