Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 29er Tyres
  • ronburgundy

What do people run and what are poo? I want something as a good allrounder but not to heavy as will want to use them for racing as well. Oh and need to be able to run tubeless!
    Suggestions?

Shackleton

You forgot the bit about made from gnat scrotums, hand stitched by essex virgins and personally delivered by Elvis riding Shergar.

FWIW Conti MK 2.4 and Jones ACX work well as all rounders but may come unstuck racing. Geax Saguarro foldings possibly. Most of the 29er racing tyres I've seen/used would be lethal in the wet.

Have a look on twentynineinches.com

Clink

Here we go again! 🙂

My experience

Bonty ACX – good all-rounder; works well tubeless with bonty rims
    Racing Ralph – 2.4 excellent front rigid tyre
    WTB Stout – brill in mud/roots/rocks – heavy
    Bonty Mud-x – excellent on rear in current conditions; works well tubeless

I really want to try the Ardent 2.4 if any ever reach the UK 🙁

Clink

Should add the RR is a good all-rounder,but not for real mud – excellent race tyre

ronburgundy

I know I will not get something that does everything brilliantly but just a decent compromise would be good!
    I was thinking perhaps a Maxxis Crossmark on the rear and a Ardent on the front as a decent all round setup – speed rear, grip front!
    I have used RR's on 26er's for the last 2 years and have always been impressed. may be worth a look……

bonesetter
    Free Member

I would add the Fire XC Pro to your consideration, for running in the rear.

FORGET EVERYTHING you may know about the 26" version. The 29er is great in the present conditions (in my area – mud, loamy, leafy mulsh, roots, hardpack, woods)

thomthumb
    Free Member

rr but difficult to tubless i kept puncturing the carcass

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘29er Tyres’ is closed to new replies.