Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 29er Tyres?
  • KarlE
    Free Member

Afternoon all, I am building up a Karate Monkey and am wondering what everyone is running on their 29ers. Any suggestions welcome
    Cheers

Stoner
    Free Member

Ignitors for all rounder/welsh trail centres
    Small block 8s for summer hardpack
    At the moment got a weirwolf on the front on a big rim that seems to be behaving quite well too.

jfeb
    Free Member

You will probably get lots of different suggestions but my advice is 2.4″ Racing Ralphs. Large volume (so comfy), fast-rolling and surprising grippy even in mud. I haven’t taken them off my 29er all winter.

I am just trying out a 2.25″ Maxxis Ardent on the rear because the 2.4″ RR was a bit tight. Not had a chance to formulate an opinion on it yet though.

Sam

Captains for all round use, Racing Ralphs for doing just that, Bonty Mud X for the goop. Lots of good tyres out there now though. Maxxis Ignitors are great, shame they don’t make them anymore. Drop me a line if you want some, I have lots as well as pre-loved if you want the bargain bin (which I assume you do if you’re building a KM 😉

matt_outandabout

I had MotoRaptos – reet grippy, springy but draggy.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Weirwolfs front and back summer, but with a bonti mud on the back for the moment

gee
    Free Member

Just got some 2.1 Crossmarks. £21 each and fantasticly fast. I can’t beleive the difference compared to the ACX I had on there before.

GB

bonesetter
    Free Member

I’ve been running RR’s F&R 2.4’s. They roll like a b*stard, esp in the dry

When it’s wet I put a Nevegal up F

Winter is adifferent ball game

chunkypaul
    Free Member

what conditions will you be riding them in? it makes a huge difference…

trail centres = racing ralphs / crossmarks / rampages
    muddy/gloopy forests = jones acx or mud x

if your trails are clay mud, AVOID the ignitors!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Ardent front (comes up BIG) and crossmark rear.Tubeless.Ghetto styley.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘29er Tyres?’ is closed to new replies.