Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 29er tyre advice
  • simonm
    Free Member

Hi all,

Looking for some advice on tyre choice for my 29er. On my 26 bike I run Conti Rubber Queens 2.2 Black Chili and I’m looking for something as simular for my 29er. Also run advantages and minions from time to time.

I’m riding Peaks, local muddy singletrack, techy steep bits. So ideally want something with a bit of volume.

advice appreciated.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Hans dampf

creamegg
    Free Member

If you liked the rubber queens on 26″ why not get the 29″ version?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=83021

hugor
    Free Member

Hans dampf

My 29er is out of action at the moment but I’m running these on my 26er and I’m extremely impressed.

weeksy

Hans Dampf.

Gotama
    Free Member

Can’t see those rubber queen 29ers being black chilli at £26 even though it has it in the description.

creamegg
    Free Member

I thought that too as they’re a lot cheaper than the 26″ black chilli.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah Continental list the 29er version as not having BC compound

+1 for Hans Dampfs

Rorschach
    Free Member

The mountain kings are black chilli at £30 (look on conti site).Just be aware that the 2.2 comes up really small and the 2.4 is’nt available in bc (booooo).

big_scot_nanny

CAn I throw a vote in for Ardents?

I run 2.4s on my 29er in most conditions, and they are fabulous, esp when run at about 25psi. Amazing grip. I would consider 2.2s jsut for lighter weight and a bit less rolling resistance.

Except in clay type mud, when they are shocking, but then aren’t most tyres?

I use them most on rocky ridge trails and loamy forest stuff. Excellent.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

On my 26 bike I run Conti Rubber Queens 2.2 Black Chili and I’m looking for something as simular for my 29er

don’t get the 29er version death on a stick

if they are black chilli then it’s a pile of shite, death on stick these tyres on wet rock/ tarmac, they just breakaway without warning. However they don’t say “black chilli” and are made in India

I’m quite happy to sell my three ride old ( not getting a fourth) 29er rubber queen for those who want to try them

the description online is a “cut and paste” load of rubbish

steve_b77
    Free Member

Purgatories

simonm
    Free Member

The RQ are not black chili.

Actually, I have a couple of 2.4 Ardents I ran for a while… I was put off by the terrible performance of 26″ 2.2’s in anything wettish… will give them a go.

To the People reccomending Hans Dampfs, where are you riding ?

ta

devs
    Free Member

if they are black chilli then it’s a pile of shite, death on stick these tyres on wet rock/ tarmac, they just breakaway without warning. However they don’t say “black chilli” and are made in India

Conti tyres in general IME. There will be a long time before one of them ever graces any of my bikes again. Scary.
    +1 for the Ardent. Great tyre. I swap to an Aspen if weight is going to be an issue, like a race.

Clink

I’ve used an Aspen on rear with great success. Far more grippy than it has any right to be!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘29er tyre advice’ is closed to new replies.