Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 29er straight steerer, 15mm axle 120mm fork
  • ravingdave

Hi,

need a replacement fork which meet these requirements, cant find all 3, they all seem to have a tapered steerer.

does the STW hive mind have any ideas?

nedrapier

I found a Reba like that for my brother on one of the german sites. Can’t remember which.

NormalMan

Not sure what they are like as a fork, but something like these:

Suntour forks

thomthumb
    Free Member

x fusion trace or slide

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Manitou, Marzocchi

splashdown
    Free Member

I’ve a Reba 100mm travel with straight steerer and 15mm axle if you’re interested?

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I’ve got a suntour fork that meets that spec for sale of you are interested?

It’s the one off the voodoo bizango and I’m not looking for a lot for it.

ravingdave

Thanks Boris, that’s the fork that has failed on my bike. Want an upgrade really.

Any specific models from janitor and marzocchi? I can’t find anything except suntour…

nickdavies

Good luck…. not a chance new I don’t think.

Your best bet is to investigate either new end caps for your front wheel or a new front wheel, there’s a few relic steerers out there new but I can’t see anything that is 15mm. Manitou markhour on crc says qr but has a picture of a 15mm axle.

Second hand will be loads easier, pick up a good set of straight steerer 15mm 120mm Rebas without to much bother. Remember dual air Reba are easily changed to 120 from 80/100 as long as they are a certain model, and the newer solo air ones just need an air spring change so you’ve just got to find 29 and 15mm really.

ravingdave

Thanks nickdavies. I didn’t know they were so easy to change will look at some rebas.

ravingdave

Splashdown are they 29er? How much? Can they be converted to 120mm so the geo is correct?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘29er straight steerer, 15mm axle 120mm fork’ is closed to new replies.