Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 29er Steel or Ti HT for XC
  • adsh
    Free Member

I’m starting to waver on the 29er thing as I start to use a HT more for XC racing. If I can last 5hrs on it I start to wonder if I might be a bit faster and more comfortable on a steel or Ti 29er.

What is out there that’s reasonably light and is for geared use (I will never use SS) without fangled dropouts (that’s El M and Ritchey out) weird BB (Sir 9 out) reasonable clearance (Solaris out) not overly stiff (Lynskey Pro 29 VF apparently).

Or should I just stick with my decent 26″ HT

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What’s wrong with the dropouts on the El-Mariachi? They’re no less reliable and everyone knows SS’ers have more fun.

Steel is just for people who can’t afford Ti. We dress it up as “but what if it breaks in Outer Mongolia and we need to get it welded by someone who can only weld gas-pipe”, but really we’re just poor.

Northwind

Have you considered cheapo carbon? I’ve not ridden the On One xc ones but the C456 is a pretty comfy ride, not springy but compliant… I prefer my ti but then the rrp of my ti frame is about 5 times more, so it’s only fair…

rewski
    Free Member

Kinesis Sync Ti 29 is super smooth and fast with an ultra stiff back end, it’s a looker too 😀

oldfart

Kona Raijin , not just a rebadged Lynskey , geo exclusive to Kona . Mines built up more toward trail rather than race weighs sub 27lbs . Perfect for all day haulin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘29er Steel or Ti HT for XC’ is closed to new replies.