Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 29er Rebas on Singular Swift
  • slowjo
    Free Member

This might be a dim question but bear with me.

I’m looking at a pair of Reba RLTs to go on my Swift. I have been reading the specs on CRC and came across this: (Steerer: Aluminium, Tapered only for Trail specific 29″). Will this mean I need a new headset, will they be OK for the Swift? I’m just not sure……

Andy

If the steerer tapers from 1 1/8″ to 1.5″ at the bottom it wont fit a swift

stooo
    Free Member

Best email CRC and check the info on them… as mentioned, if it’s a tapered steerer, it won’t fit.

They’re usually relatively good at replying to question emails.

slowjo
    Free Member

OK, good idea! 🙂

slowjo
    Free Member

If the answer is such that these aren’t going to work for me, what else (that is good) is there to look at in that sort of price range? I’d want a 9mm QR dropout btw.

MrTall
    Free Member

Rockshox Recon at CRC for £315??

Not a great deal difference to the Reba’s.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=54599

STATO
    Free Member

5 min looking at CRC and rockshox websites tells us…

• New 140/130mm 29″ Trail model available with tapered aluminum steerer and 20mm Maxle lite only.
    – Reba RLT 29″, Dual Air, 100mm, 9mm QR, White/Silver, Crown Adjust, Alum Steerer 1 1/8, 46mm off-set (includes pump)

CRC are selling the 100mm with 9mm QR, so not tapered or bolt through. easy.

slowjo
    Free Member

Thanks Stato.

Sam

Tapered steerer a Swift definitely won’t fit (but we are working on a Pegasus that might…). I’d also recommend taking a look at the Manitou Minutes, really nice fork for the money.

slowjo
    Free Member

I have never owned any Manitous and always tended to look on them as a not particularly good make with a pretty average reputation. Are things different now? CRC seem to have them for £288 so far cheaper than the Reba option.

Persuade me Sam and I might have to buy one of those shirts we talked about.

keavo
    Free Member

the minutes are reduced to £288 now. i just got some 100mm, allready have 120mm on another bike and have some rebas on yet another bike. i prefer the minutes.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘29er Rebas on Singular Swift’ is closed to new replies.