Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 29er pressures – esp. rear shock manitou radium expert
  • matt25
    Free Member

Hi Folks,

After 15 years of riding the same 26″ hardtail I finally bought a new bike – a Cube 120 AMS 29er.

It’s a very different beast and I’m looking forward to my inaugural ride at Glentress this weekend.

Fork pressure is simple enough – pressures for travel/weight of rider are printed on the leg of the Rock Shox Recons.

The rear shock (Manitou Radium Expert) manual provides instructions on setting the pressure by way of sag. I’ve had a bash and think its set up okay. I’m about 90 kilos and have put 115 psi into the shock. Does this sound about right?

I know its all relative and I’m not expecting to get it bang on right away, I’m just wondering if I’m in the right ball park. The maximum rating for the shock is apparently 300 psi, so there seems a lot of room for error!

Got my tyres at about 33 psi rear and 30 psi front.

Realise these are pretty basic questions but would appreciate useful comments from 29er riders.

Cheers!

Matt 🙂

Kahurangi

When my Mrs got a new 26’er we followed the manufacturer’s instructions regarding sag, rebound and went for a ride. Then we adjusted it based on her feedback and what we saw.

But for a 29’er? Blimey 😕 That’s a completely different kettle of fish and I’d have no idea where to start 😐

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘29er pressures – esp. rear shock manitou radium expert’ is closed to new replies.