Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 29er Nobby Nic Tyre 2.25 or 2.35 Niner Jet 9
  • purplechair
    Free Member

Has anyone used a Nobby Nic on a 29er yet, I recall schwalbe tyres are a litte narrow for their size?

Anyone used them on a Niner Jet 9?

I’m looking for a fairly fast rolling but relatively high volume tyre for grip any suggestions?

tang
    Free Member

Got nobby nic 2.25 on the niner mcr with no problems at all. Been great this winter, prob get a racing ralph on the back soon.

charliedontsurf

Ralphs are great, very fast, but the sidewalls are not mega tough.
    Nics are way burlier but heavier.
    I’m a Ralph chap myself. 2.4 front. 2.25 rear. As the 2.4 buzzed the stays on a SIR9.

tazzymtb

the 2.25’s nics can be big boys if they are mounted tubeless as the casing stretch a bit over a few days. Mine were fine on an on-one but way too tight on a salsa. Racing ralph 2.25 was fine though as the nobs are a lot lower profile. It just depends on how much clearance you have in the rear with a suspension frame which tend to be a bit tighter than hardtails

purplechair
    Free Member

sounds like a 2.25 nobby tubeless on the front and maybe a ralph on the back could be a good mix for a jet 9 having rear suspension

tazzymtb

or go for the tubeless ready 2.25 rocket rons, which are silly light and super fast but have a better clearance than the nics

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘29er Nobby Nic Tyre 2.25 or 2.35 Niner Jet 9’ is closed to new replies.