• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by PJay.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 29er Mudguard
  • PJay
    Free Member

I’m looking for a ‘proper’ mudguard (fitted with stays) for my Swift, probably 3/4 length. It’ll need to accommodate at least 2″ 29er tyres.

For some reason I’m struggling to find one. I only need a rear at present but I suspect I’ll need to buy a set; silver would be nice (but not essential).

What’s out there?

boxelder

A bit shiny?

and spendy

takisawa2

SKS do a Chromaplastic one. The ones I have are black, Dong know if they do silver.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Here’s my cube 29er with sks ‘velo 55’s fitted.

That’s a 2.1 tyre at the front with room for a cigarette paper betwixt…

I could have used stays, but the front mudguard bolted onto the fork crown and has managed to stay put.

Because I always have a rear rack fitted, I suspend the rear guard from the rack, via cable ties and those silver sks musguard clips.

And, because the mudguard pokes out the back of the rack, there’s a trade-off in coverage. So the front mech ends up collecting crud.

But no problems. Coverage at front is particularly good and I haven’t managed thus far to plant my clown-feet into the mudguard.

Highly recommended, unless you go 29+.(then you have to improvise)

2014-06-25 20.46.30

PJay
    Free Member

Planet X do some Stronglight mudguards in 54mm; I assume that these would accommodate a 700×45 tyre (perhaps not too much wider though)?

I’m not quite sure what the difference is between the “S” and “E” versions; anyone know?

a11y

Swift with SKS Blumels (65mm ones IIRC), with Maxxis Icon 29×2.2 and Tread Lite 29×2.1. Fitted perfectly. A little rattly – the stays hitting edge of knobbles when shaken around – on mild offroad trails like in the pics, but not surprising.

PJay
    Free Member

The look perfect A11y; I must have missed them when I was browsing the SKS site. I hope they do them in silver!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘29er Mudguard’ is closed to new replies.