Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • 29er hardtail which one ?
  • snap
    Free Member

Looking to buy a hardtail 29er , I’m after something light fast , not to racey geometry wise

What would be on your shortlist ?

PS , Im looking on the second hand market so anyone with a bargain ..email in profile

fifeandy
    Free Member

Can you elaborate how light you mean by light? Seems to mean considerably different things to different folks on here.
    Light HT’s also tend to be racey HT’s, so might be tricky to get one without the other.

skids
    Free Member

Trek Superfly

chakaping
    Free Member

Have a looksee at the Boardman Pro 29er.

New with BC discount they are £750ish, and go for £500 or so s/h.

Really good spec and nice geometry.

snap
    Free Member

Up till now I’ve been looking at
    Whyte 29c
    Santa Cruz highball
    Would love an intense hard Eddie based on looks alone
    Not ridden any of them or a 29er for that matter
    I’ve been away from MTBs for a while , so my experience has been on 26″ wheeled
    Mtb’s i.e. blur , whyte 19 and cove handjob
    Thanks for comments so far

weeksy

Where are you based for test riding ? What sort of riding are you wanting to do ?

jonnyrockymountain

There is a nice carbon super fly currently for sale in sale section

Northwind

Nukeproof Scout? Too stiff for me but otherwise seemed good

snap
    Free Member

Weeksy …Im west mids based ,,general xc riding ,,I’ve a santa cruz blur tr for trail centres

ill check out the superfly thanks

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I’ve got mashiehoods old open O-1.0 – needs a top tube repair though, but £350 shipped and the cost of a carbon repair will have you about the lightest 29er frame out there – bought it with the intention to sort out and use, but i already have an Open O-1.1 so the chances of me sorting it are slim

Kamakazie

Carbon Kona Honzo?
    Probably struggle to get one S/H though I suppose.

Andy_K

NP Scout 29 here, it is indeed quite stiff as NW says, but the geo and spec for the price (2016 model) sold it to me.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Pinnacle Ramin. Great ride.

superstu
    Free Member

Parkwood (new or second hand)?

edhornby

Niner EMD ? pricy new but you see them in the classifieds (I got one and I really like it)

welshfarmer

Recommending what you ride…. on your shortlist should be a FF29 if you can find one SH. Fairly light, very strong, great for all manner of stuff. My large is built up with pedals, 2×10, sensible reinforced tyres and a reverb and comes in under 25 lb

Clink

Niners and FF29 both racy rather than trail geo though. Ramin a good cheap option, Superfly a xc bike but fairly relaxed ha.

quintet100
    Free Member

I have a medium Canyon CF SLX carbon.
    Very light, with headset and bottom bracket.
    £400
    I also have rockshox Sid with brain, carbon steerer, again very light. £300.
    Emai in profile

crashrash

Cotic Solaris 2 – amazingly light for steel and great fun, plus fast. I am running Xfusion trace at 120mm, and big discs and comes in 11 and a quarter kgs.

papercutout
    Free Member

Trek Superfly. I had a 2014/15 ‘6’ and through all kinds of abuse at it, even rode a couple of km’s home up a big hill with only 3 gears after smashing the rear mech. Well over 4000km’s before replacing the BB too, headset tip top condition still. Sold it for £500 the other week.

Teifiterror
    Free Member

Where 29C is a great bike, put a 120mm fork on it and it’s less Tracey than most. If your west midlands pop and have a chat with mark at the missing link droitwitch. Many good brands and would help sort you out.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘29er hardtail which one ?’ is closed to new replies.