Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 29er ghetto tubeless keeps burping tyres off the rim
  • flyinbrian
    Free Member

hi everyone i ride xc general stuff. but keep burping my tyres off the rim plenty of sealant in there and i would say more than enough pressure. ran softer on 26 inch. used a strong cross stich tape on the rim and reapplied rim strip if that helps . they dont go down while the bike is parked up . any advice appreciated but i aint stumping up for a proper kit . thanks in advance

tazzymtb

any advice appreciated but i aint stumping up for a proper kit

put inner tubes back in and stop cocking around then? 😀

TooTall
    Free Member

What tyre and rim?

flyinbrian
    Free Member

tazzy that wernt quite the ansa i was lookin for !!!! ha ha
    ps i had to today mind but i only had a 26 ” one and it was a struggle

takisawa2

Struggle…get away man. I’ve never owned a 29″ tube.
    No, let me tell you of a struggle…flatted one night out near Hopwas, in pouring rain. No problem, I have a tube…
    Yes, a 20″ tube.
    Managed to get it in to my 29″ wheel. And it inflated…momentarily. 🙂

Brothers are ace aren’t they. Coming out to “rescue” me, he suggested I take up something like darts.

flyinbrian
    Free Member

scott scale 10 standard rims 2013 and rocket rons

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got DT rims and 2bliss tyres on my 29er, so not quite ghetto, but I just tun all my tubeless setups (maxxis tyres and mavic rims on my pitch which is pretty ghetto, with layers of electrical tape, just keep adding layers until they go up relatively easily. Rarely get burping problems (just once with a very old maxxis rear tyre).

flyinbrian
    Free Member

i will give that a go! cheers.

steve_b77
    Free Member

What’s ‘more than enough pressure’?

I second tazzy’s comments though, if you want proper trouble free tubeless, use the proper kit

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘29er ghetto tubeless keeps burping tyres off the rim’ is closed to new replies.