Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 29er frames
  • yossarian
    Free Member

STILL dicking around with idea of a 29er on the bike2work scheme

so far looked at the scandal plus on-one carbon fork and the swift f/f as decent and fairly inexpensive framsets to build up, but what else is out there?

cheers

Stoner
    Free Member

you wont be disappointed with the Scandal IMO.
    AT £200+£125+£99 for frame, fork and wheels inc tyres, that's a great value rolling chasis.

Singular Swift looks nice.

roach

I'm looking at a scandal too, but what about the sliding drop outs and running gears. Do they really work ok?

Michael-B
    Free Member

I’m tempted by the scandal too I think it would make the perfect all day bike for me. Should be fine with the sliding drop outs and running gears but just to make sure it’s fine I think on-one recommend a chain tug.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Any 29er frames out there with rack mounts?

Stoner
    Free Member

you can always run the scandal with the axle rammed up against the drop outs if you have tyre clearance.

yossarian
    Free Member

i'm 99% there stoner 🙂

just wanted to make sure I haven't missed any other frame but at that price its hard to beat.

Ti29er
    Free Member

The On One is the One to buy.
    9 out of 10 readers said they preferred it.
    + You know you want one!
    My advice – buy the Racing Ralf 2.25 tyres and then tell us you haven't completely rediscovered your love of cycling!

Let us know what you make of things please as I'm still discovering just what fun it can be to ride an OnOne 29er.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Got a scandal 29er ss, love it, it's got holes drilled on the dropouts for a rack if you so wish! Gonna try it with alfine at some stage. Oh and they are bomb proof as well……go for it! 🙂

Michael-B
    Free Member

I think the Inbred 29er has holes drilled for a rack as well.

M

YoGrant
    Free Member

<www.singularcycles.com>

bigsi
    Free Member

*coughs*VIPER*coughs*

Seriously this is a great frame for the £125 price tag, so much so that my Blur has only been out once in the 2 months i have had the Viper. See CRC for details.

Like the look of the Scandal but at almost double the price it was a bit of a no brainer for me in case i didn't get on with the whole 29er thing (yes there are tall people out there who don't get on with it believe it or not, ask clubber 😉 ).

Stoner
    Free Member

(yes there are tall people out there who don't get on with it believe it or not, ask clubber ).

population sample of one though 🙂

bigsi
    Free Member

😆

thekingofsweden

You wont go far wrong on a swift you can certainly get a test ride if you speak to Sam

The gryphon is so sweet too! and i am getting some rear rack adaptors done wich will also work nicely on the swift

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘29er frames’ is closed to new replies.