Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 29er Frame choice?
  • Nonsense
    Free Member

I’d like to build up a hardtail (or full sus if it’s cheap) from
    all the spares I have. Frame needs to be 29er, 120mm forks, shimano 73mm BB, 31.6 seatpost and bolt through non boost rear end. Can anyone think of anything suitable? I’ve only really found the Genesis Tarn as a frame only that fits the bill. I’d like it to be as cheap as possible as well.

chakaping
    Free Member

What do you mean by cheap? And what size are you, may I ask?

andyg1966

Old style Trek Stache if you can find a frame. Press fit BB though!

beaker

How cheap? New or second hand?

STATO
    Free Member

Nukeproof Scout290 is 29er, 142mm rear end, 73mm BB, 31.6mm post, but 130mm forks as standard.

ads678

Stanton sherpa?

Edit: 30.9 seat post.

metalheart
    Free Member

Sherpa isn’t 31.6…..

Nonsense
    Free Member

I’m ok with second hand and by cheap I mean around £300 or less if possible as it’s going to be a spare lend to friends type of bike. I’m 6’1.

beaker

I have a Salsa Horsethief full sus that may fit your criteria if you’re interested? Email in profile.

mike399
    Free Member

I’m selling a Whyte T129 that fits the bill, other than being a 30.9 seatpost. See history in profile… may take an offer?

core

MK2 Cotic Solaris

jekkyl

I have a genesis high latitude which I love, steel HT. 27.2 seatpost though but a new seatpost can be found cheaply.

SirHC

Mk2 Solaris fits the bill perfectly.

STATO
    Free Member

Sir HC – Member
    Mk2 Solaris fits the bill perfectly.

Yes, that £600 frame totally fits the requirement of a frame for under £300 EDIT: Actually i was thinking you meant the SolarisMAX. Ignore me.

ChrisL

Nonsense – Member
    I’d like to build up a hardtail (or full sus if it’s cheap) from
    all the spares I have. Frame needs to be 29er, 120mm forks, shimano 73mm BB, 31.6 seatpost and bolt through non boost rear end. Can anyone think of anything suitable? I’ve only really found the Genesis Tarn as a frame only that fits the bill. I’d like it to be as cheap as possible as well.

The current Tarn frame has Boost spacing, I’m afraid.

core

If you need a large, I’d actually sell my mk2 solaris frame. Email in profile.

SirHC

Yes, that £600 frame totally fits the requirement of a frame for under £300 EDIT: Actually i was thinking you meant the SolarisMAX. Ignore me.

I typed Solaris MK2, not max. You can’t buy them new any more and they often come up around £300 second hand, hence meeting the OP’s requirement.

Nonsense
    Free Member

Thanks all.

toppers3933
    Free Member

I have a large 2017 Genesis tarn frameset for sale if you’re interested.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘29er Frame choice?’ is closed to new replies.