Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 29er fork advise!
  • tk46hal
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m after a 29er suspension front fork. Got to have 1 1/8 tube and a 9mm q/r. I would like it to be light, possibly carbon and with 100mm to 120mm travel. Can you still get something with this spec, everything seems to be tapered etc etc?

Thanks

tk46hal
    Free Member

Any advise please!

chestrockwell

I don’t think anyone does carbon suss forks anymore? Maybe have a look out for some older DT Swiss as they’re very good.

chestrockwell
    bacondoublechee
    Free Member

You can still get 2015 SIDs in those specs.

oldnpastit

There was a thread about this very question a few weeks ago. I think the general consensus was that if you want anything reasonable, that you need to look on that German bike shop (bike-discount?).

I was looking a while back for exactly this, and eventually gave in and got a fork with a bolt-through axle, but still at least a proper headset (X Fusion slide).

deejayen
    Free Member

Perhaps it doesn’t meet your criteria, but I like the look of the German-Answer Kilo fork. It seems to be available in different configurations.

German-Answer Kilo

cynic-al
    Free Member

Have you ridden the AMP predecessor?

acidchunks

Someone is selling a nearly new 100mm qr 1 1/8 manitou tower in the classifieds.

Price looks good, had my eye on it but probably going to buy new (my frame can take tapered.)

tk46hal
    Free Member

ive gone for the sid xx! 1638 grams and 1 1/8 and with a 9mm q/r. £399 off the web but dont tell the bread knife 😆

hanchurch
    Free Member

Where did you get them for that price? It’s pretty cheap.

tk46hal
    Free Member

ebay

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘29er fork advise!’ is closed to new replies.