Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 29er fork?
  • tk46hal
    Free Member

Hi All,

Not asking for much but I have my old faithful Scandal frame, very early model which I love and run single and geared, currently with a light rigid fork but now I would like the luxury of a new suspension fork.
    The fork needs to have a a straight steerer tube, have 100mm travel, 9mm Q/R and be light. Not asking for much but are there any options I haven’t noticed other than Reba etc?

Thanks!

occamsrazor
    Free Member

I was asking about similar in this thread just fyi so maybe some answers there. My requirements changed though (now looking for tapered and 15mm) so didn’t buy one of these in the end.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Hi Occam, I’m about to flog my Tower Pro 140s and matching wheels if you’re interested. 29er tapered fork, 15mm front, 142mm rear. Very cheap…

dantsw13

Manitou Tower Pro will come in 1 1/8 qr, but CRC are out of stock at the moment. They would be about £190 when available.

occamsrazor
    Free Member

@Deveron – Thanks for offer but looking for 100mm and am not in the UK at the moment.

sandwicheater

I run Reba’s on my Scandal and to be honest, they fit the bike really well. Would perhaps prefer 120mm travel rather than the 100mm I have.

Heard good things about the Manitou Tower’s.

slowjo
    Free Member

@OP

erm… I have a Reba RLT for sale right now that fits the bill.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-xl-niner-sir9-and-reba-rlt-forks

If that is any use

belugabob
    Free Member

+1 for the Manitou Tower Pro – mine has been faultless for the three years that I’ve had it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘29er fork?’ is closed to new replies.