Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 29er conti Rubber Queen black chilli?
  • big_n_daft
    Free Member

Bought some allegedly black chilli 29er rubber queen 2.2 tyres

Nothing on the box or tyre mentions black chilli,

How do I tell if they are?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

my test rides indicate that these aren’t black chilli, they don’t seem to grip at all when lent over

nearly lost it badly once and did dump the bike with the front washing out so it’s either bad luck, poor skills or crap tyres

jameso

If they’re made in Germany they’re BC.

BC won’t hold you up no matter what tho ) I find it makes a difference on roots and rock, but on mud or to some extent on loamy stuff the tread and pressure is what makes most difference. Very good tyres in std compound ime, brilliant in BC.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

made in India on the tyre

The Rubber Queens phenominal grip on even wet rock is just captivatingThe sidewall on the 2.4 are cushioned with an Apex reinforcementThis Apex not only protects against pinch punctures but stabilizes the tyre when you really push the tyres hard into cornersBrake, drop, push the curve – the Rubber Queen never bails outThe 2.2 is less volumious and has attracted the trail riders due to it’s clearance compatibility on popular trail bike frames & forks, meaning these riders can now also benefit from all the Queen has to offerWith the folding option now Handmade in Germany, riders benefit from the soft Black Chili compound with an unexpectedly low rolling resistanceThere is no Apex sidewall reinforcement on the 2.2 model, thus keeping weight lowOther formats include UST and wire bead

http://www.swinnertoncycles.co.uk/components-c169/tyres-c288/29er-c290/tyre-rubberqueen-28×2-2-fld-p20709

looks like you don’t get what they say

Yetiman
    Free Member

As far as I’m aware all BC tyres have a German flag and “Hand Made In Germany” on the sidewall. My 2.2 and 2.4 versions certainly do.

scud
    Free Member

The product details section is misleading, i’d say for that price they are the non-black chilli ones.

The BC ones do have “Handmade in Germany” on them.

solman
    Free Member

should say black chilli on the sidewall

big_n_daft
    Free Member

not impressed, I was after the black chilli version as I’ve read that the non black chilli version does not grip. My experience is that these don’t grip at all when lent over. Nice hole in my waterproof shorts and big bruise on my arse are the result.

I’ll email swinnerton’s and see what they say

Gotama
    Free Member

Too cheap to be black chilli i would have thought.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

price isn’t relevant, the description said Black Chilli.

The old Bonty ACX I was using were miles better than these things leant over

solman
    Free Member

sounds like you were mislead. I’ve bought two BC tyres and they were £40 each.

jameso

I’ve read that the non black chilli version does not grip

They grip like most other large, well-treaded tyres in a 60A-ish compound, pretty good ime. Better than most. BC is a bonus on what’s already a good tyre. I’ve done a lot of miles on the non-BC UST version, no problems with grip summer or winter.

Nipper99
    Free Member

i had the non bc rubber queens in 26 (2.2) – death on a stick, but i have non bc race kings on the 29er (2.2) and i find them very good.

Gotama
    Free Member

price isn’t relevant, the description said Black Chilli.

Sorry, badly worded on my behalf. Agree you were misled but if they were selling BC at 26 quid each they’d be steal. I have however ridden with guys that bitch about the rubber queens washing out on corners so may not be entirely compound related.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

my test rides indicate that these aren’t black chilli, they don’t seem to grip at all when lent over

Mr Logic for..

crashed

:mrgreen:

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Nipper99 – Member

i had the non bc rubber queens in 26 (2.2) – death on a stick

same for the 29er then

P_L
    dumped on my fat ass

you missed the celebrity in the pub as well

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘29er conti Rubber Queen black chilli?’ is closed to new replies.