Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 29er carbon full suss cross country
  • robbie
    Free Member

I had a demo on a yeti arsc 29er and really enjoyed it. Is there anything else similar but cheaper that I should consider?
    Cheers

GregMay
    Free Member

Salsa Spearfish would be a good place to look. Great pedaling, great descending.

Lester
    Free Member

carbon titus rockstar maybe

TheWrongTrousers

Cube Stereo ? (assuming they still do a 29er)

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I bet you’ll be quicker on my Giant Anthem Advanced X SL thing and it’d be a lot cheaper too.

If you can be persuaded onto sensible sized wheels, drop me an email, it’s just cluttering up my workshop at the moment.

v666ern
    Free Member

+1 demo an anthem

are those >>> triggers still around?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Sell your least favourite child and get the yeti

it’s goooooorrjuss

teamslug
    Free Member

Whyte M109?…I think Winstanleys have the works on sale. Still over 3K but gets good reviews

angeldust
    Free Member

I am waiting for a demo on the ASRc X01 (dealer seems to be struggling to arrange it). ASR ENDURO GX could be an option if you want to save some money, and are not worried about a little weight gain. Same frame but cheaper carbon layup adds 300g to frame.

Would be interested to know more about what the OP thought about his demo.

Other options?
    Canyon lux (end of line only, so I guess the new 2016 model is coming out any time now).
    Spec Epic.
    Anthem Advance (I discounted as I want a 29er).
    Tallboy cc?
    Turner Czar.

GregMay
    Free Member

Whyte M109 is a fantastic bike

angeldust
    Free Member

Trek Superfly could also be an option, but seems to be universally ignored….

jam-bo

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/trek-fuel-ex-99-29-review-2015.html

trek fuel has just got a good write up on pinkbike.

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

Try an M109 if you can they are great bikes, I’ve been riding one since Jan and find it does a great job at balancing short travel trail bike and XC bike.

If you are interested I am selling the frame and fork from my M109CS, it has a retuned shock and is upgraded with Kashima – I’m only selling it because I’m just not using it :o( If you’re interested or would like more information about them before buying a new one just drop me a line on adam (dot) buckland@hotmail(dot)co.uk

teamslug
    Free Member

Orbea Occam TR29er. Just got mine and it is amazing. Best and fastest bike I’ve ever had……only problem is that cost more than Yeti. !!.

andyfb78
    Free Member

My 2012 ASRC in the classifieds??
    😉

quintet100
    Free Member

Hi
    I ride a Spesh Epic Sworks 29er full sus.
    Full carbon 22lbs.
    It climbs amazing and is an out and out xc weapon.

sam_underhill

I’m rather smitten with my new turner czar. I guess it might be a bit cheaper than the yeti. It feels really fast, yet handles the rough stuff fairly well on the descents.

robbie
    Free Member

Wow lot’s of options, Cheers guys
    The yeti is lovely, It climbed brilliantly and just felt really planted on the downs and didn’t feel like it had wagon wheels 😀 but I don’t think I can justify the cost. it just combined the best of the 2 bikes I have just now.

Kryton57

Robbie – what about a half price one? With interest free if you need it…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘29er carbon full suss cross country’ is closed to new replies.